Children and University

by disillusioned 2 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Just wanted to share some good news. My daughter has just got her first job as a School Teacher, she starts in September. Another daughter will be starting University in September, and one of my sons also. He will be going to Japan in his second year with the intention of moving there to also be a teacher when he has graduated.

I feel very proud and so glad that despite their young lives being indoctrinated they have all managed to get away from it and to go on to fulfil their lives in ways that I never could.

I left school at 15 with no aspirations to do anything except get a job in a shop, (which I did) and to preach as much as I could. As time went by I did progress to working in a bank as a typist. I would have loved to teach also, but never got that opportunity. Although to be fair not many people from my background in Uk went to University. Most of us did get jobs in factories, shops or offices.

I am so glad that my children will have a better quality of life than I did and its good to know there are some brains in the family, lol.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you , and of course your children who have again demonstrated their is life after the Borg , who have successful lives once exiting from the religion .

I wish you all well in your chosen fields for the future.

Something you could never attain trapped in a cult.

smiddy

• bemused
    bemused
    That's great news. Best wishes to them and let's hope that their ex-peers in the Kingdom Hall will have pause for thought if they hear of these successes.
  • zeb
    zeb

and may they take the passion they have now for life on wards.

Teaching is one of societies lowest regarded jobs and one of the most important.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Fantastic!! I am so glad to hear this positive story.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Good for you. May success be with you....and the force too.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Although my heart still breaks for the young you at least you had the joy of raising kids and have obviously done a fantastic job....nothing on earth tops that! So many gave up that joy becuse the org told them to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit