The Truth about Who is going to heaven, etc..

by Legendary U.2.K. 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bleep
    Bleep

Do blonds have more fun becouse the less you know the less you worry?
    Just a question.

• Solace
    Solace

Bleep,

I dont know

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Do 'BLEEPS' have more fun because the less you know the less you worry?

Just a question.

Edited by - Double Edge on 15 August 2002 21:38:4

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    The Truth about Who is going to heaven

The Who is going to heaven? I guess "Tommy" was more influential than I thought . . .

• Navigator
    Navigator

Freetobeme-Good Post!, Great Chuckle!

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I'm going to heaven as to you Bleep and U2K you are fulfilling not Matthew 24:14 but Matthew 23:13 "Woe to you teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of Heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." The evil WTBTS has shut the door in 1935 (?) in men's faces. If you don't repent you will face judgement for your sin.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    "When did professed Christians adopt the belief in hellfire? Well after the time of Jesus Christ and his apostles. The Apocalypse of Peter (2nd century C.E.) was the first [apocryphal] Christian work to describe the punishment and tortures of sinners in hell," states the French Encyclopedia Universalis.

Bleep, I rather extensively demonstrated the inaccuracy of this quotation in another thread. The fact that you would now bring it up again shows that you are not an honest person, and that, like the Watchtower itself (which is probably where you lifted the quotation in the first place), you are willing to use tainted evidence to prove your case.

Hellfire and torment therein are clearly spoken of in the Bible. Whether the images are to be taken literally or figuratively is immaterial; the images do appear in the Bible.

I suppose your quotation might be technically accurate if we are to understand that only references to apocryphal literature are under discussion (and why would we be concerned about what admittedly apocryphal material says?), but that is not the impression you are trying to convey by using that quote. What you are clearly trying to imply is that hellfire was unheard of among Christians until the second century, and that is simply not true.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Bleep-The last line in your original post which references DNA highlights the problem. You think of yourself as a flesh body instead of a spiritual being created in the image and likeness of God which happens to be occupying a flesh body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit