PRESS RELEASE 8-12-02

by silentlambs 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Witnesses I spoke to saw the Dateline show. I agree with you, Liberated, that the media is not the problem. The problem is that they really do think that at His appointed time, Jehovah will take care of it.

• stichione
    stichione

This was to be expected. Bill Bowen and his associates are now viewed at dangerous apostates who spoke out publicly against the Mother Organization. And since this is a religion where faith is shown not in Jesus Christ but on an earthly organization, it is very easy to stumble the average Dub once he/she realizes the Org is NOT guided by God nor Jesus nor the Holy Spirit but by old men who live insular lives in an institution. Attacking the Org is like personally attacking a Dub, and they will defend it viciously.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Here, too, it's the 'wordly' or DF class of folks that are grateful for the individuals who at personal cost, stand up for decency. I don't know of anyone who delights in abuse...this has been quite an eye opener for me. And I've been out for many years but have certainly learned alot this past year.

I began by doing research for an older sibling that has been a neurotic fence rider for a very long time. Do I take delight in calling my sister, neurotic?...no. I finally told her in an e-mail how I felt about the WTBS, and JW's in general. I've not heard back since, and that's so ok by me. I tired of their shit long time ago.

Like others, I struggled through some issues in my early recovery years and pretty much laid to rest alot of the emotional fallout. Just got on with life. So when the door was re-opened last year into the world of that filthy religion, if not for the so-called apostates, vital information would still be undiscovered. Thanks be to all of you...each one is important.

Even those of us who have been long ago removed by whatever means, offer gratitude for any that stand unafraid and speak on behalf of common decency.

My love,

Granny

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Minimus......Their interpretation of waiting on Jah is so subjective; always a win/win for them. If one calls attention to a problem, he's not waiting on Jah. But see how quickly they orchestrate bogus judicial committees, all to the end of silencing the "offender". Where's the waiting on Jah? Does He need their corrupt manuverings to do His Will? It's all so transparent.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Thank you for the information Bill.

Providing copies of the press releases to the board is a must in keeping us updated on your status.

• Dia
    Dia

'as was her husband' would also work (if that's not already taken care of).

Minimus - I think it's really great to hear that some - most? - JWs agree with what Bill did, tho they currently disagree with the way he did it. It's a HUGE first step when we're talking about people who've been stopping up their ears completely for a very, very long time.

JWs - Bill tried all that formal JW stuff and he got NOWHERE. And THAT'S why you finally heard about it via the media. As you continue to hunt for reasons to speak out against Bill Bowen and silentlambs your actions are speaking your allegiances.

Edited by - Dia on 13 August 2002 5:45:33

• Dia
    Dia

Perhaps you could bring some little stuffed kangaroos with you.

An additional symbol for the lambs to wield in their march?

"Kangaroo Court - a tribunal lacking proper authority that renders illegal or mock judgements" (American Century Dictionary)

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    I've heard Witnesses say that they agree with much of what Bill Bowen and company have to say but that they shouldn't have gone to the media concerning their views.To the typical JW, any person that speaks against the Society is not waiting on Jehovah God. So even if they agree with the views of these individuals, they will never support the way they got things out in the open

I have heard this from active Witnesses as well. It is either this reaction or denial and either blame the victims or say they are lying. At least the first reaction is a positive step in the right direction where they at least acknowledge all is not well in the JW "paradise".

Unfortunately most JWs don't realize that it usually takes embarrassment in the media or threats to their finances for relatively quick action to problems. People bring problems and concerns to the attention of the WT all the time but they only listen and act on them when it is convenient or when they are forced to. Change must always appear to come from the top down and never the other way around.

The decision to disfellowship Bill and others is hardly unexpected, but the whole success of the Silentlambs thing and the media attention it got and the often bizarre antics of the WT were difficult to forsee even a year ago. I really doubt the WT expected such trouble out of Kentucky. Who would have thought...

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well said path.

Interestingly - this is true for nearly all corporations including the Watchtower.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit