Going to Burning Man?

by ThiChi 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Any list members going to Burning Man (BurningMan.com) the week of August 26 th ? If so, e-mail me. I will be camping at the VW Bus Camp, which this year is real close to center camp!

Next year, we should apply for our own Apostate camp and offer cult de-programming!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Burning Man always sounded too wild for my tastes...

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeah, I am with Stephanus, they burn hicks like me...

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well, it depends who you keep company with. It is a must see....25,000 people getting together with their vision of community.

Are you into art? Wow, this is the place to go. Are you into meeting people? This is the place! From the weird (getting married at the Temple of Elvis and getting your picture taken on a two story high wedding cake) to Americana (Eating for free at the Spaghetti Western camp and watching Clint Eastwood westerns) to dancing the night away to your favorite 70's and 80's tunes.....its all there!

At the VW Bus Camp, we have a cocktail hour each day @ 6:00 p.m., open to all.......There is a mix at our camp, old VW Bus type Hippies, young couples in the newer VW buses and the like.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Hey, trust me.....it is a blast! I like to hang out at the Yellow Submarine Camp (a camp that plays Beatles music and drive around the playa in a Yellow Submarine (with bar)!!

hehe...

Edited by - thichi on 12 August 2002 17:48:12

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My son goes every year. Look for a wiry young man in claw-gloves on stilts; it's either him or someone who knows him. Ask around for Ungtartog and tell him his mommy says hello. Now, let's see if I can post a Burning Man pic of my boy:

Yep, there it goes at last. Funny that a bare URL acts like an "img source" link.

gently feral

Edited by - GentlyFeral on 13 August 2002 23:28:34

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

I have wanted to go to Burning man since the first time I heard about it 5 years ago, but haven't been able to make the time. I hear Einsturzende Neubauten wants to play there, maybe when they do, that will seal the deal.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Thi-chi,burning man? I`ve always wanted to go after seeing the documentory about it.Very cool,very wild.Maybe next year.Let us know how it go`s ...OUTLAW

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Lets do it! Yes, lets plan for next year...you have to see this place......very cool!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I would love to get a bunch of apostates together for this, I've always wanted to go, BTW look for the Cirque De Flambe there, they are a local fire circus here in Seattle, and they go, I help them with security at some of they're shows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit