Need help on Resurrection

by Bella15 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bella15
    Bella15
    Hi everybody. I hope all is well. Recently my uncle ( my mom's brother ) passed away, he was never a JW but evangelical Christian all of his life, never accepting my moms teaching. So my mom in Facebook keeps on making references to other family members when her brother comes back in the resurrection and live in the paradise ...I thought that worldly people who is not JW will not going to be resurrected .... What is the current teaching on resurrection for nonJWs?...
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Bella15
    "...I thought that worldly people who is not JW will not going to be resurrected .... What is the current teaching on resurrection for nonJWs?..."
    Actually, JWs teach that almost all who were alive before Armageddon would be resurrected and have a 'second chance' of salvation. Those who die at Armageddon might as well not get resurrected since they were already in defiance of Jehovah.
  • blondie
    blondie
    "worldly people" who are executed at Armageddon will not be resurrected. The WTS once taught that since 1914 people were living in a judgment period and if they died prior to Armageddon they would not be resurrected since they had been judged. A new idea came out when the WTS said that the judgment did not start until after the great tribulation started with the destruction of Babylon the Great, giving all the people who had died before that a new hope for life.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Good question Bella!

Sounds like paradise will have imperfect people... Doesn't that make it an imperfect paradise? And does anyone know what scriptures are leveraged for this second chance program?

I'm a non-jw who communicates with quite a few jws so my questions are not rhetorical. They are real. I just want to know what landlines I'll step on if I bring this up.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    NeverKnew:

"Sounds like paradise will have imperfect people... Doesn't that make it an imperfect paradise? And does anyone know what scriptures are leveraged for this second chance program?"

No it does not because being resurrected gives you the chance to become perfect in a perfect paradise. The resurrected gradually become perfect.

Also, they do not directly cite scripture for the 'second chance' teaching since they are in denial of basic Christian doctrine about the resurrection, on Judgment day, which is that of immortal souls given an immortal body and being sent to either heaven/paradise earth or to a literal hell.

• Listener
    Listener

"No it does not because being resurrected gives you the chance to become perfect in a perfect paradise. The resurrected gradually become perfect."

This is what they teach but how would it even be possible for God, who is perfect in everything, to even resurrect someone to an imperfect state? So prior to death that person had a leg missing or had a mental illness (and we all suffer from mental illnesses to one degree or another as we are imperfect), God will resurrect persons to their imperfect state only for them to 'heal' or grow to perfection from then onwards.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Lazarus was resurrected from the dead .The Bible states that " the wages sin pays is death" Rom.6:23 .

It`s talking about the sin inherited from Adam ,so with Lazarus dying he paid the price for Adams sin .Mankind dies because of Adams sin ,

Why then did Lazarus die again ?, he was set free from Adams sin , so by rights he should still be walking around with us.

According to the Bible only the small area known as the garden of Eden was "perfect" outside that garden were thorns and thistles and whatnot and humans were supposed to gradually cultivate and extend that garden paradise.

So don`t try to say that Lazarus was resurrected into an imperfect world and that is why he died , because the Earth was an imperfect world at creation with only a small , a very small piece of land designated the " Garden of Eden" the rest had to be cultivated .

smiddy

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    They teach the following:
    The resurrection of every single person that lived (and is not in gehenna) will be during the 1000 year reign of christ. They get a second chance. That's why jws can be happy for all the catastrophies, terror attacks etc when people die today, as they would get a second chance whereas they wouldn't if they died in armaggeddon.
    Only after the final test when satan will be let loose again, mankind will live in perfection.
    They quote Revelation 20, Romans (The verse that everyone who dies is aquitted of his sin not respecting the context), Acts.
    The way they spin it to come to these conclusions you can read in the "Keep in god's love" book.
    One could ask:
    If any person who ever lived on that planet is returning, wouldn't there be not enough space and resources for all to live?
    The standard answer you will hear. Actually there are not so many who walked the earth. And Jehovah will make a miracle.
  • prologos
    prologos

Why then did Lazarus die again ?, he was set free from Adams sin , so by rights he should still be walking around with us. smiddy, good point wait for the searcher. and:

how about the sleeper at Paul's talk and Dorcas, dying, paying the price, and resurrected AFTER Jesus paid the price already, totally again, then these two "anointed" died again, counting the price paid the third time. Now, they --since 1918 resurrected as immortals in heaven, if you take wt doctrine as fact, and the talking snake.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Bella15 - As Nicolaou’s quote from the Org said, non-JW’s have no chance – even if they die before Armageddon!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/341090002/w-15-july-members-others-religions-destroyed?size=20&page=1

Smiddy & Prologos – Interesting point you raise.

The Biblical record tells us of several persons who were resurrected – from Elijah & Elisha, up to the Apostle Paul’s day. Every single revived human subsequently died, and remains dead to this day, except one – Jesus Christ. This is one reason why Colossians 1:18 saysHe is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things..”

Clearly, Jesus was not the first person resurrected in the Bible accounts, but he was the first human resurrected to the real life, as Paul described to Timothy. (1 Timothy 6:19)

This is the life which is spoken of in two of the principal scriptures which describes the permanent resurrection – one which will be applied to all as Jesus said - and not to just a few temporary examples to give proof of what was to come.

(John 5:28, 29) “Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.”

(Revelation 20:4, 5, 12) “And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.) This is the first resurrection”..... But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls....”

Scripturally, the condition of “Adamic death” would still apply to all such resurrected ones until it was removed from humankind: 1 Corinthians 15:25, 26 - “For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.“

Just my personal scriptural take on the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit