BRAIN DEAD KINGDUMB WITNEESES

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It truly amazes me to see how so many JW'S are brain dead. I spent the last few days with some Witnesses and they complained about this elder, that congregation,these rules that are enforced in one congregation but not another, how truly boring the meetings are, how holy spirit could not have appointed Brother so-and-so. I heard how an elder in a nearby congregation is really a thief and a liar. I heard how a pioneer/ elder couple are the most self righteous twits. I listened to how aggravating it is to hear how the Society tries to get into everybody's business...........then I was told how sad it is when we hear reports of some who have completely left the "truth" and how actually there's really still no other place to go. Are these people so brainwashed to not even grasp what they're saying???

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Applause !!! Nothing like a good dose of "vexation" to keep one focused. "Cognitive dissonance" at its best !!!

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

mimimus,

I have been out of the WT borg since 1989. It is no surprise to see that very little has changed as far as the people and their lack of discernment and abililty to see beyond the forest as well as taking an honest look at themselves and what they believe.

Scorpion

• blueroom
    blueroom

At 17 I was publicly censored for kissing some guy. Three elders decided to censor me. A week later the circuit overseer who had gotten in many debates about other issues not relating to me with my father, called them and then bethel. I was then publicly censored and my father removed as an elder. He was so well known in that several sisters called me up and told me how embarrassing I was to him and asked me how I could do this to him. This forced me to eventually leave my home at 18 because of the shame I felt. And after 15 months of the elders searching for me I went in search of them. At 19 I was dis-fellowshipped because I walked in the kingdom hall and handed in a three page confession letter. I said that I had finally lived up to the once whore and sinner like person everyone once thought me to be. For three years I was convinced that Armageddon would come and I would die. Today I'm an atheist. It takes a lot to deprogram 18 years of brainwashing. It's hard to lose your family, especially when youre competing with god. Especially when you really, really believe. The truth is organized religion is for the weak. God exists to make us feel better about this miserable thing we call life. So be patient with them. There time will come.

• minimus
    minimus

hi Blueroom and welcome to the board!!! Sorry to hear of your account. When you say publicly censored, do you mean publicly reproved?

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Imagine all of that and for only kissing a guy. Yes JW's are out of touch. Welcome to the board.

• blueroom
    blueroom

Yes. Reproved. I was raised in a Spanish congregation so what we say translate to censored. And thanks.

• minimus
    minimus

Come to think of it , I knew of one body of elders that let it be known that FRENCH KISSING was considered loose conduct!

• blueroom
    blueroom

Yes. Loose conduct, especially for an elders daughter. There were many elders I knew who believed that. I grew up a Spanish Congregation in Chicago. My father was one of the first elders ever. All of the Spanish elders viewed kissing as loose conduct, but we were allowed to have parties every weekend and dance salsa. Go figure.

• tdogg
    tdogg

My last conversation with my JW father went much the same way. It is a truly amazing phenomenon that would bewilder even the most learned scholars of human behavior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit