My field service group leader wants to meet me

by Powermetal4ever 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    He kind of invited me to a barbecue or something, and asked if my parents wanted to come along as well. It felt really awkard, I mean I am 20++. I was sceptic, so he told me he would send me a SMS about an other fitting day instead.I probably didnt look too happy about that either, so he told me that maybe he could invite some other in the group. So it was meant to be only me in the first place?? And then his wife came and talked about how little we talk to each other these days... Well I havent had much contact with those two at all. I guess the reason for his invitation is my absence from field service meetings.. and he is probably just zealous and want to know everyone in the group. But I dont want to go, absolutely not, dont know what I am gonna tlak about. Also I am not a very outgoing person in general, so it is going to absolutely awful....! I need to get an excuse or something, any advice?
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    Enjoy the BBQ. Drink a few cold ones. Change the subject whenever he brings up religion.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail
    How about-'Dang! I have another invite that day!'
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Thanks no, work and other obigations keep you from accepting social invitations for the foreseeable future. thanks for asking.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I don't know your situation or this geezer...sounds like just a lil encouragement. Maybe he's quite genuine. I was an elder once and tried to encourage the young by kindness. I wasn't the only one on our BOE. Sadly. the COBE was an arrogant bloke who didn't like to see it. I think he was jealous that some of us were liked more than that bag of pontificating wind was.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    Be sure to wear pink socks.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Your'e right, it will be awful and awkward.

Just say no thanks, some other time maybe, and appreciate you thinking of me.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Powermetal4ever
    But I dont want to go, absolutely not, dont know what I am gonna talk about...
    I need to get an excuse or something, any advice?

Why make a statement (excuse)?

Just "No".

Would you make a statement with a "Yes"?

===============

For me it was very hard to learn this - just to say NO - without any excuse.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Once you stop missing something (field circus, meetings, conventions, etc) they will try to find out why. They couldn't give a rats a** about you while you are in but once you turn up missing, they are on your tail. Darn busy bodies. Play the dead rat. Play dead and the cat will loose interest. Ha!

Don't tell them a damn thing. Stay in control, don't give them power over you. You are in the drivers seat NOT them. Once you start running your mouth....BAM they have you right where they want you.

Use the sick, busy excuse. That's what we have been doing. So far so good!

You're young and the young are leaving in droves. They are getting VERY worried. As they should! They did it to themselves!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    After a few beers, all your worries will be washed away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit