August KM

by mann377 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mann377
    mann377

I just finished reading the insert in the August Kingdom Ministry and had to vent my disdain over the POMPOUS & ARROGANT attitude the WTBS takes in criminalizing expressing ones ideas. See the last sentence in par. 7, p.4 of the insert. I also had to laugh when watching the Panorama video and GB member looked into the camera and said "we don't go beyond the things written!" To bad the reporter was not up to date with all the changes in belief and polices of the WTBS. It would have been a good time to ask about. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• SYN
    SYN

Old Jaracz really knows how to stand up to reporters, doesn't he? Just might put JR Brown out of a job real soon now!

• ISP
    ISP
    "we don't go beyond the things written!"

Yeah what a response. Not what you would expect from your top guy!

ISP

• Scott77
    Scott77

bttt

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here is an interesting item:

On page 4, on the right hand column there is a suggested talking point:

To Start Bible Studies on the First Saturday in September

"Many believe that God will one day judge them according to their deeds. Do you think Judgment Day is something to look forward to or to dread? [Allow for response.] Notice what this says." Hand the householder the September 1 Watchtower, and consider together material under the first subheading on page 16 and at least one of the scriptures. Offer the magazines, and arrange to return to discuss the next question.

A reply to this approach might be:

"Where in the Bible are you getting this term 'Judgement Day' from? And why doesn't a reference to it occur in this article?

In the NWT, the term occurs at Matthew 10:15; 11:22, 24; 12:36 (four places total. No where else.).

Or ask if they have a Bible Teach book handy. On pages 213-215 there is a chapter on "Judgement Day."

Curiously enough, this chapter in the Bible Teach book and page 16 in the 9/1 public Watchtower do not cite any of the four verses that use the term "Judgement Day." How are you going to have a whole chapter in a book and an article in the magazine about a subject, but never reference the verses that use the term you are talking about?

The WT article does cite 2 Peter 3:7. 2 Peter 2:9 and 3:7 use the term "day of judgement." The WT article says that refers to the coming great tribulation. But they say that "Judgement Day" refers to the 1000 years.

The fact is both terms ("Judgement Day" and "day of Judgement") are exactly the same in Greek. I kind of think that the Society knows that the rendering "Judgement Day" in Matthew is bunk. But they aren't willing to admit it. Instead they are trying to slyly forget those verses.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is there a link to this?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

You can use this thread in connection with the August OKM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit