When I was leaving I figured that Jehovah is one of these things:
2. Exists but is different to how the WTS describe Him (Her, Them, It...),
3. Exists as the WTS describes him and is deeply saddened and angered by the inequities and sins committed by His name people but extends to them benevolence and forgivness unconditionally,
4. Exists just as the WTS says and His character is well and clearly demonstrated in the operation of the 'Spiritual Paradise on earth today' and by the conduct of His earthly representatives.
1 or 2: If true, I resoned that there's no point in being a JW - it'd make no difference in the end
3. Is the espoused teaching of the WTS. If true I'd be buggerd at armageddon unless there's a lot of unconditional forgivenss to go around,
4. This is the teaching in practice of the WTS, and I can't stand living under this tyranical, far-right rulership now, why should I beat myself up for the privilage of living under it FOREVER??? I should leave NOW!!!
And that's what I did! Since then I haven't found anything much the WTS taught me to be true or useful, so on that basis I reckon 1 or 2 are the go and all this religion carry-on just dosn't matter.
What do you think?
'If W is going to invade Iraq to depose an undesirable dicator, maybe he should check out Brooklyn Heights first?'