Mother's letter

by silentlambs 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JT
    JT

You can't do anything to change their minds...they either have to come to these conclusions on their own, as we did, or they won't ever get it. I wish this wasn't the case, but I have seen it repeated in family after family.

this is the bottom line and all former JW need to accept this FACT

GREAT POST

JAMES

• mgm
    mgm

silentlamb, I got a similar letter from my mother. The same expressions and words! Looks like mothers tend to write such letters:-)) But I know, it took me a few days to get over it (last year).
    My family shun us already, but we are only inactive so far. They said, we are bad association for them!
    For us, nothing hold us back anymore from leaving 100%. Im gonna write the letter in the next weeks.

Anybody has a good advise:
    Our kid is 6 years old. My parents take sometimes care for some days. After my daugther stayed with them, she is difficult for some days. She say things like: I don't want that you miss the paradies. Jehovah said, we have to go to meetings and so on...
    My parents confirm to me, that they don't talk against us to our daugther. Who is in a similar situation?

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Thanks so much for all the kind responses and assistance. It was very comforting to my wife and offered some excellent suggestions as to how to respond. Wasasister was just amazing in getting to the point of the matter as well as the other comments that help put things into perspective.
    I still sit back and marvel at how the society has responded to me just simply telling the truth. I think of the scripture at
    lev 20:4-5 which basically states if you hide your eyes from those who hurt children you will not remain unpunished. Do they really think claiming to be the faithful and discreet slave will exempt them from punishment? If jehovah sees this as the problem that so many silentlambs see it to be, would the faithful slave experience harsher or lesser punishment for perpetrating wt policy? Does anyone really think the faithful slave can prevent Jehovah from protecting children? What would the master do to a faithful slave if he discovered the children in his charge were being molested and the slave chose to ignore the problem?

Hard questions, yet simple answers.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Brovo Silentlambs!!!

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Silent Lambs,
    I just want to thank you and your wife for taking the stand you are despite all the reprocussions. I think it is wonderful when someone stands up for what they think is right.
    I am so sorry that the mother-in-law has put this undue pressure on you. I have been through something similiar with my family. It is very stressful and hurtful, even when we understand the mind-set.
    Wasasister,
    What an excellent reply you posted. So kind but yet succinct. I wish you had been around when I wrote my letters! BTW, welcome to the board.
    TW

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I too wish to thank you for your efforts Silentlambs. Your website is very good btw. Unfortunately, while I feel the society will be forced to make changes due to your efforts, the reasons for such change will not be given, and as they are quietly implemented they will find some way to hang you out to dry. If you manage to avoid the D, you already see how the local Witnesses and your family "understand" what they are to do as far as how to treat you goes.

It is uncanny how the mindset (that JT often refers to) permeates nearly every single member of the organization. The letter from your mother uses all the typical lines every JW will give you and that's the scary thing because that sameness of response is no accident. I think most here have heard exactly the same lines from their own family members.

But perhaps the single most important advice on this thread (imo) is JT's comments:

You can't do anything to change their minds...they either have to come to these conclusions on their own, as we did, or they won't ever get it. I wish this wasn't the case, but I have seen it repeated in family after family.

this is the bottom line and all former JW need to accept this FACT

I don't think there is anything more difficult to accept and nothing more important. The more you try to explain and justify your viewpoint, the more they run back to Mother. They simply will not listen and understand until they are ready and want to no matter how logical or reasonable you are.

I am happy you have the support of your wife through this. And I'm glad you're a person of principle to take such a stand knowing what you give up and leave behind. Many here have had to make the difficult choice to move on and often our families are the price we have to pay. But you will be happier for doing what was right and for not denying what was truth and not denying yourself.

No one can tell you or I the WT doesn't break up families. Even though written policy may say one thing, many families just know how to treat those who feel something is wrong here and who don't "wait on Jehovah".

This uniform mentality among JWs where they "just know" what to do and think is the root of the problems that make them dangerous. It's the root of the problems with the whole child abuse/molestation issue.

I hope you can continue exposing the lack of free thought (despite what they may say) and just what sort of power they hold over people to get the "unity" and "spiritual paradise" they claim to have. All should be free to speak out without threat if someone is hurting them or if they see others being hurt by individuals or harmful policy.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit