Who Are We ?

by Dia 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dia
    Dia

13) JWs seem to have some kind of a 'persecution complex'. They immerse themselves in reading about persecution. They prepare mentally for persecution. They look for persecution. They find persecution. They do things that are bound to result in persecution and they seem to love to do these things. They love to tell and hear stories of their personal persecution or of someone else's.

• Mackin
    Mackin

I'm an A1 with a well develpoed sense of B6 that I'm working VERY hard to overcome.

With respect to B3, I don't necessarily believe that JW's like to only have a superficial relationship with other JW's but that's just how it is. Especially if you are a bit higher up the "food chain" almost everyone is out to get you. The WT rule based philosophy creates the desire to catch someone out and punish at every opportunity. I've known some elders who almost can't conceal their glee at discovering a "wrongdoer" so that they can apply the punitive rules. Sickening.

Mackin.

• Dia
    Dia

14) JWs are tattlers. (Makes me wonder if they were tattlers in school and/or as children). Their religious environment is glued to tattling, in fact it is more than condoned, it is required. A very highly structured form of tattling is also part and parcel of the organization. As mentioned, this leads to the superficial relationships that they have. But that doesn't mean they won't try to make you feel bad for having superficial relationships.

15) JWs are fatalistic. Whatever happens, happens and don't expect to do anything about it and don't expect justice or anything else. Just behave and do as we say. Jehovah God will take care of everything eventually. He's getting to it. And if you have trouble with that, maybe you're just 'spiritually weak'.

[At some point in all this, you do start to feel sorry for them, don't you? Tho there is no denying the evil that they engender....)

• Dia
    Dia

I'm loving these comments. Please continue.

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Big, fat A1 here.

Here's another I'd add to the B list:

JW's lack maturity because they are encouraged to be irresponsible. Rather than being responsible for the critical thinking of their own decisions -- developing their own minds -- they pass it off to the 'organization' to make all decisions for them. The GB has raised a family of immature, unthinking inbreds unable to function without them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit