Strange Moment During The 2015 Regional Convention

by JW_Rogue 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• Listener
    Listener
    The video puts the blame for not understanding the doctrine squarely on the teacher, who isn't teaching but only preaching. It's not the fault of the orgs publications or the reader's, its the person that tried to teach you.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

Like someone said above, this religion has jumped the shark in recent years. The serious religion of my youth is DEAD. This is what is in it's place....dumbed down idiotic nonsense. At least the Oracle Fred Franz's stuff wanted you to think and examine things.

I have to agree with you. Even though the 1960 publications were made up fiction by Fred Franz, they at least made you think a bit. I know that in the last few years when I was still married to a dub and had a bit of contact with organization, the literature just seemed to be getting more and more dumbed down

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Off the subject, but I was in the same congergation for a year as the guy giving the talk (aka reading the manuscript). I think his name was prounounced something like Ja-rop-see...he was of Persian descent.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

I get the impression that 1914 has for many years been the touchstone doctrine to assess loyalty within the ranks. Significantly when looking for new members of the GB their fidelity is tested by adherence to the WT chronology, whether it makes sense or not. It is the belief in this idea which marks the faithful from the faithless. Now since 2014 any truth in the 1914 generation prophecy cannot even be defended. It simply remains a concocted Watchtower myth and a gross failure. In fact about eighty years of wasted propagandising. Just think of the millions of lives spent, distorted and ruined by the 1914 doctrine. It should stand for all time as the prime example of what happens if you believe in the JW org.

For the Watchtower to leave 1914 behind is like the banks going off the gold standard. From now on the rules are different; there are no possible dates to circumscribe a limit. All that the cult can offer is “The great day of Jehovah is imminent”. Not a convincing line to throw when they have been at for one and a third centuries without any success to show for their efforts.

Some dumb apologists no doubt are secretly believing that Armageddon will come by 2034 because it will be “one hundred and twenty years” of preaching. So Noah was a real man was he? And the flood was real was it? And he preached to the whole world and saved all the species of animals did he?... Pull the other leg!

As with the elaborate and dubious calculations of obscure prophecy to arrive at 1914, naive belief in Bible literalism and holiness is at the heart of all JW problems.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Where abouts on the video is it?The video at the beginning of the thread is nearly 3 hours long?
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Finklestein: I wonder why no other Christian based faith came up with 1914 and its supposed relevance ?

They have. It just hasn't been advertised as extensively.

The Ba'hai faith claim the same 1914 prophecy. (The Ba'hai's are considered to be an apostate offshoot of Islam - they believe in the progression of prophets - Moses, Jesus, Mohammed and then Baha'u'llah).

In a newspaper article from Colorado around 1915, Abdu'l-Baha is pictured as the "Son of the Founder and Present Leader of the Baha'i Movement." A subheading entitled "Predicted War" goes on to say:

"At Leland Stanford university, in October, 1912, this same Abdu'l-Baha predicted the Great War: 'We are on the eve of the battle of Armageddon, referred to in the 16th chapter of Revelation. The time is two years hence when only a small spark will set aflame the whole of Europe."

http://www.uhj.net/end-time-prophecy.html

World War I which began in August of 1914, on the date 'Abdu'l-Baha accurately predicted was considered by scholars, after the fact, to fulfill the same Biblical prophecies as given by 'Abdu'l-Baha. Yet 'Abdu'l-Baha gave the date of this event before it actual transpired in the world, and without the benefit of the "hindsight" of experts who saw, after the fact, that what 'Abdu'l-Baha gave and the date that he gave, was the explicit fulfillment of the prophecy and apocalyptic warning of God
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ding - "That skit was created by the WTS? It looked more like a satire an 'apostate' put together..."

That misconception has occurred a few times in the past couple years.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    @Orhan Crow, very interesting information. It is not difficult to see how certain movements needed the affirmation of a perceived prophetic success to kick starting their new cult.
  • skepticSam
    skepticSam

"

stillin4 days ago
    I was perplexed by that too. I wondered if is was only there to reinforce the cognitive dissonance that is needed to shrug off the whole chronology thing. Almost nobody can rattle off that sequence, anyhow"

Thank you for mentioning that, often we forget the Watchtower is trying to distract intelligent people from learning the truth, that's why they are attacking the Web and ExJWs who learned the truth and share factually based information to anyone thinking about joining or desiring to walk away from this deceitful organization! Thank you for all the help from good people running all the websites, JWN, JWStruggle, JW Facts, and JWSurvey too, JWN has the most dynamic and robust topics, we can't thank Simon enough for all his hard work!

You only have two choices unless you fade, think about what it means to come face to face with the fact you've been lied to your entire life about this religion! By yielding to cognitive dissonance you don't have to, you can have ideas like 1914 told to entire audiences and nobody can have a intellectual discourse because if you don't accept these teachings, your among the "fallen", "prideful", "evil slave", "lack of humility", "Agents of Satan" all because you followed the examples of good in Bible times. Think about Jesus Christ, if he showed up here they would dis-fellowship the very being they claim to worship or obey.

1. Cut your losses and move with life or the next goal waiting ahead for us, the way professionals and honest scientist do when their game or project fails. You don't get paid being a loser and failed hypothesis don't turn in to theories, move on with life!

2. Admitting your wrong is too costly to people, that's why cognitive dissonance is scary to all of us here. To step away from the Cult costs all your family, friendships, acceptance you got fooled or deceived by a group of ignorant or willful liars. Cognitive D make's avoiding painful reflection possible, you don't have to lose family inside the Cult, you can still count all your "God Points" even though they don't count in the real Bible or Jesus teachings. C.D. allows all sorts of people the gift of avoiding the truth, this part they taught on 1914 is nothing more than telling people "God is giving us more time to warn the wicked and change their ways!" like the Watchtower has done since the start of their long line of false prophecies and stolen lives they took!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit