Strange Moment During The 2015 Regional Convention

by JW_Rogue 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• Splash
    Splash
    Or - If we begin with a date when absolutely nothing happened, link backwards a load of unrelated phrases from all over the Bible, we find a start date that has no basis in history. This will become the foundation for all subsequent teachings.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

In all my 50 odd years of being a JW drone and under WBT$ mind control, I never once got asked about 1914 by a 'householder(tm)'.

In fact, in all my 50 odd years NO householder was remotely interested in anything in reality. Some just took the litter-trash to be kind...because I have a sweet face.

I found WBT$ demonstrations to be unrealistic and dodgy as dog mess.

1914 my back foot!!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

This was Watchtowers attempt to be human, to laugh at itself A LITTLE TEENY BIT, but with a hunge dollop of .....yes this sounds complicated and odd, but remember WE DO believe it still....

The good thing is, thanks to the weird zoom ins and actors crazy eyes and accent, it all comes off very, very weird.

There is no way, you can't see that and not ponder how weird the JWs are in 2015, it was kind of the motive for the video.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket
    Also.... As Magnum said, it's a testament to their education that this seems like quantum physics to them.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I've been saying the same thing for a while that they are gonna creep away from the math. And just say 1914 was the date and that's that. Talk about how bad things got after that point and and how the witnesses took off after that. And that will be the doctrine.no more silly math
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

I just LOVE how 607 is spoken of as if it were purely FACT. Any householder with a grain of education in history would immediately call out that false date for the fall of Jerusalem and point them towards the incredible mountain of evidence for 587, and the JW would be left looking like a total moron. How dumb do the GB think normal, educated people are? What am I saying? Did that "householder" look like an educated person to you? No.....he looked like a slow, simple-minded halfwit.....just like the JW's like to recruit. Slow, dumb, and uneducated is what they are after.

I was almost floored by the laughter from the audience in this clip. To me, is really signals that the majority of the R&F think it's total BS as well....made-up, convoluted BS.

Like someone said above, this religion has jumped the shark in recent years. The serious religion of my youth is DEAD. This is what is in it's place....dumbed down idiotic nonsense. At least the Oracle Fred Franz's stuff wanted you to think and examine things.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    When I viewed that video my first thought was MOST in attendance did not have a grasp of 607 BCE and 1914. If anything that video may stir up people to research and figure out the WT's dates are incorrect.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS's date of 607 BCE and of 1914 is just another indication of how people blindly follow and absorb whatever religious charlatans say or profess. They speak from the holy book god's word so everything these men say or teach must be true.

607 BCE and 1914 is just as false as C T Russell's Pyramidology dating scheme, but they did assist in attracting attention to the literature the WTS produced.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I have a different understanding of this clip. But, I wasn't as the RC and didn't see the audience reaction to it.

I got the feeling that dubs felt that they know their bibles so well and are so educated that they forget how "dumb" bible students are. It was funny to them in a smug pretentious way. 'haha we can easily rattle off complex numerology and deep scriptural references that most have not even figured out, we are sooooo smart'

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    The only reason they stuck with 1914 instead of finding a new date (as russell had done a few times previously!) was because WWI happened to break out. I can imagine his excitement as war started being declared across Europe, 'Oh, thank GOD!!! I don't have to move the date again!!!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit