Dinosaurs

by finnrot 10 Replies latest jw friends

• finnrot
    finnrot

I left after '75 and I haven't touched a bible since, so I'm really not sure as to the answer to this.

When I was a kid, I seem to remember dinosaurs on the inside cover of my bible. Am I remembering correctly?

Are they still there, if not, why do you think they got rid of them?

-Dave G.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

What do these have in common?

- The Usefulness of the Bible
    - The thoughtfulness of the Governing Body
    - Dinosaurs

THEY ARE ALL EXTINCT

Edited by - gravedancer on 9 August 2002 8:7:57

• finnrot
    finnrot

But dinosaurs are based on reality.

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, you are right. The old green 1961 New World Translation did have that on the map on the inside cover. In the 1984 revision that most Witnesses have now there are different maps and hence no dinosaurs.

• finnrot
    finnrot

You da man, Matty

Thanx

• Matty
    Matty

Cheers finnrot!

My explanation for dinosaurs was always the stock one: that they were used by God to trample the earth down ready for humans. Apparently their sole responsibility was to squash all the vegetation down with their big huge feet so that Adam and Eve could walk around unhindered. Amazing isn't it?

• finnrot
    finnrot

Cheers to you too Matty,

That explanation is hilarious. It's funny they didn't even rate a mention in the bible.

I remember as a kid, I used to like to divert my attention, by looking at the neat dinosaurs on the inside of my bible.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I always thought they were put here by God to fertilize the earth in preparation for man.Can you imagine how much good just one turd would do?

• Mutz
    Mutz

I always thought they were put here by God to fertilize the earth in preparation for man.Can you imagine how much good just one turd would do?.................if it landed on a group of lawyers LOTS of good! :)

• SYN
    SYN

You people are all wrong Those bones were put there by the Devil to mislead Jehovah's Witnesses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit