Why did god create germs?

by sleepy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Because the first man and woman had bodies totally resistant to germs which perform many good operations such as decomposing leaves; only after Satan caused human suffering and death did germs become able to harm humans.

Why did God create several hundred versions of the influenza virus? And what useful function did they serve?

Edited by - funkyderek on 9 August 2002 10:13:10

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

You guys are funny!

As far as I know when the Bible was written, no one knew about germs, so why the F### would you expect them to be described in there?

Are you trying to say that anything not in the Bible that is true, discredits the Bible. Or are you saying "if it is not in the Bible then it can't be true"? How does this have any bearing on the Bible? Is it that you think it should have been in the Bible because if the Bible is Gods word then he should have given us all the answers right up front? Why would God talk to men about germs 4000 years ago anyway?

Truth is God isn't giving us the answers right up front. We are creating the answers ourselves. You can either create your own answer based on your own intuition. Or you can follow some cults answers. I kind of enjoyed reading about Neo Tec, a new science type cult. Thier answers were kind of neat, but no better then Religions.

If you want my answer, the best I can do is this. We are conscous beings of Light energy existing in another demension, known here as heaven. We are the source of evolution and creation on the earth. We are guiding it and we are moving into the bodies here as spirits or Light. When we move into a body here we place the veil of dreams between our physical mind and our spirit to block the memory of our spirit existence. We do this for the greatest fun, because as we die and rediscover the truth that we are imortal it is such a loving and joyfull surprise. The germs have a counter part in heaven that is directing thier evolution also. Everyone is participating and playing with this great expierment, so that the most beings may expierence the greatest interactions with the greatest variety in the least amount of time. Then we will all go home back to heaven and take a break. Conscousness is imortal in that dimension, and there we exist outside linear time and space. This explains all psychic phenomenen, explains all religion, explains evolution. And it explains why God doesn't intervene and tell us all the answers.

Now you give it a try ok?

• sleepy
    sleepy

"As far as I know when the Bible was written, no one knew about germs, so why the F### would you expect them to be described in there?"

If God really is the source of the bible, he obviously doen't care about humans enought to give them some simple instructions on staying healthy.Dieases that are easilly prevented have buggered up the lives of millions of people for thousands of years yet instead we learn of David throwing a rock at a big nasty giant called Goliath.

• Xander
    Xander
    Why did God create several hundred versions of the influenza virus? And what useful function did they serve?

That's a good one.

Key here is to differentiate 'germs' into various subcatagories, majorly: 'viruses' and 'bacteria'.

Bacteria can sometimes be useful, sometimes be harmful, etc. Depends on the bacteria and where it is.

Viruses are NEVER useful. They cannot reproduce without destroying a living cell. Not a decaying, old cell. Not an already dead cell. Not even a cancerous cell. Nope - viruses need to 'infect' living, healthy, cells - and kill them - in order to survive.

Now, who would create such a thing?

It can do nothing - NOT ONE DAMN THING - except kill living things. THAT'S ALL A VIRUS - ANY VIRUS - CAN DO.

So....who created them?

Edited by - Xander on 9 August 2002 16:7:1

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    So....who created them?

God did.

God also created man to make excrement from inside.

Hmmm. Good or Bad?

Was God REALLY creating "bad" things and calling them "GOOD" in the beginning?

Surely, $hit is bad.....right? But wait...dung is also GOOD. Eventually...

It becomes fertilizer...food for other living things...after time goes by, the bad will become good.

Caca - it's good and bad.

And it's from God.

Caca, it's what's for supper!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Lets not forget that Viruses are not even alive! Well maybe the are? There is a great debate concerning this.

But this whole 'why did God create bad viruses' is a worthless as 'Why did God make lead. Its hurts children.' or 'Why did God Make uranium radioactive, why didnt he warn us in the Bible.' Common folks......

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

My mums (JW) answer to a question like this is:

God didn't create germs, Satan did.

Viv.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

I believe:

God created a physical world that was SURELY "Good and Bad" right from the beginning.

Yet He called it ALL VERY GOOD. Why?

Because it would suit HIS will and purpose...

Things created by God that God called GOOD:

Poisonous snakes
    Mosquitoes
    Poisonous spiders
    Poop and pee from all animals
    Bad sights
    Bad tastes
    Bad smells
    Bad feelings
    Harmful bacteria
    Harmful virues
    Radio active elements
    Sharks
    Electric Eels
    Portuguese Man O' War
    Ticks, bugs
    Parasites
    Flies
    PAIN
    Animals that DIE
    Cold
    HOT
    TEARS
    Fungus
    Poisonous plants and vegetation
    Physical darkness
    Diseases
    A Human body with ANTI BODIES. To fight that which was "BAD," that was created by God

God CREATED Good and Bad.

And God called it ALL VERY GOOD.

Because it would suit HIS will and purpose...

That's what I believe.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

My mums (JW) answer to a question like this is:

God didn't create germs, Satan did.

Mum's got it wrong!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him" - Romans 8:28 (NIV)

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit