Questions from a non-JW

by imzadi 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

RT says:

I would say her talking about her witness hope is another example of witness guilt. I knew a lot of witnesses over the years who weren't really active, concentrated more on their jobs, making money, etc, but all they could talk about all the time was witness stuff. It gets in your head.

You see, as a witness you don't really view the organization as an organization, you equate everything with god, every utterance whether from the magazines or something an elder tells you is from God. That has a strong effect on the thought processes of the witnesses who are already in constant fear of Armageddon coming and killing them if they aren't good. SO when you have the guilt built up of the human tendency to be "normal" you tend to overcorrect by trying to be more "spiritual", its a word they use, as a way of compensation for being "worldly".

Its all a very complex mental stranglehold that these people are in, even if you were to try to talk to people who have been out for years, disfellowsipped for having sex or something will usually defend the org tooth and nail. It just shows how dangerous the Jehovah's Witness religion is and that you can't just say "its just another religion" because its not, its evil.

#########

this sums it up so nicely the mindset of a jw- we often talk about if a person leaves wt for NONDOCTINAL REASOns THEY still are subject to returning to the org , because the core beliefs many times are still intact-

if one leaves for Doctrinal reasons as to being treated badly , lack of love etc then they will probably never return - but too many times i have seen those who leave due to personallity conflicts or a bad congo ,--move or a family moves in and takes them under their wings , invites them out ,let them be part of the in crowd, take an interest in their kids and the next thing you know they are selling books and attending all sales meeting again with a zeal

how sad

james

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

As a non-JW myself, I certainly understand your concerns and confusion. There was a recent thread on defensiveness that may add to the information the others here can give you.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33949&site=3

Thr JW mindset is certainly baffling.

• imzadi
    imzadi

Of all the responses, I think JT's most closely resembles Diane. Before I knew she was JW we were having lunch together on the patio of our company cafeteria when somebody walked by with an "I Gave Blood" sticker on his shirt. Our company was having a blood drive that day and I had planned on donating, but the Bloodmobile had already left. I said something to the effect of, "Damn! I forgot!" Diane looked at me as though I had just grown horns. She told me she would never donate blood or accept a transfusion because it was "dirty". I thought she meant she was afraid of blood transfusions because of the risk of blood transmitted disease and didn't persue the matter.

She has indeed been concentrating on getting her career (two college degrees and a six figure salary) and personal life in order, but she's also living a double life. If she ever falls off this tightrope she's walking I'm afraid she'll take Jack with her.

imzadi

• imzadi
    imzadi

To NeonMadman:

I had an Imzadi at one time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit