Annointed 144k only male?

by JerryTX 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    I'm declaring that the anointed of God know when a religion is not following his son. I am not declaring myself anointed.
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Hold Me-Thrill Me

"I'm declaring that the anointed of God know when a religion is not following his son."

Yes, the anointed would know if a religion is not following his son. Jehovah may be cleaning house.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Jehovah may be cleaning house.

I agree.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Women are quite acceptable as anointed here on Earth, but when they go to heaven they are going to have a sex operation. Obviously femaleness is an imperfection that is not going to be allowed in heaven. See the Golden Age of April 2 of 1930. P.446

• JerryTX
    JerryTX
    Thanks to all who gave me clarification on this. Again, I was highly skeptical that there was new light on the 144k but was interested since my mother claims to be annointed and shuns us, her children.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I was always understanding that the scriptures clearly say[rev ch 7] the 144,000 are virgin males [in fact are[rev 14] ] and chosen, from the 12 tribes and already sealed. past tense.

how one can take a type or anti type approach [those two still confuse me] to a simple statement in the bible I have no idea. where is any indication that we are to assume that one part of a single scripture is to be literal and the other symbolic? and symbolic of what?

oh, its a literal[ number, even though it was not seen but only heard,] and yet its not literal that they were only males?

How anyone can assume they are chosen to be 'anointed' over the next person sitting next to them, is beyond my comprehension. where is the humility? you can be as pure as the snow all your life as a jw and not be 'chosen' yet some person comes in from 'the world', and claims they were given such a privilege? hmm.

according to the wt logic, women then can apparently be made heavenly creatures, and judges, but NOT qualified to teach in 'this' world? lol

Blondie you said:

'It may be new light but not with the jws. Anointed are male and female just as Christians were in the first century. Remember the holy spirit at Pentecost fell on all there, male and female.'

well read those chapters again

there are three completely separate events, that the watchtower has blended together for their own doctrinal teaching.

there were only the 12 apostles in the upper chamber that received the holy spirit, Jesus told them that back in ch 1.

I have never in my whole 45 years as a jw understood these events happening as the watchtower says it did. its simply not there.

[at no point in that society would it be acceptable for women to be lodging with men in some upper room, or drinking at that time of the morning. also the scripture says

the approximately] 120, were for the purpose of choosing a replacement for Judas.

it starts out by saying 'in those days' so this is simply an account, and is not the same time period at all.

[15 In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty) 16 and said, “Brothers and sisters,[d] the Scripture had to be fulfilled in which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus. 17 He was one of our number and shared in our ministry.”]

in chapter one, Jesus here is eating and tells his apostles to stay in Jerusalem

acts 1

4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with[b] the Holy Spirit.”

he was only speaking to those with him.

also

6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

the only ones claimed to be witnesses of Jesus were those present.

[no mention of witnesses of jehovah there]

they asked if the kingdom was going to be restored to Israel.

this is the whole story of the bible. Israel and its kingdom . there is nothing there for we gentile nations. lol

in that society women were never given such a privilege, let alone be given a position such as that of an anointed judge.

what so many fail to realize is that when Jesus was eating and drinking with them after he had risen, it seems perfectly logical to me, that he had completed and brought to end his statement to them about 'do this as often as you do this, until I arrive...

well he arrived there in ch 1 of acts ate and drank with them for the 40 days. no more ''memorial for THEM to think about. it said as often as you drink of the cup, not meaning once a year.

[3 After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: ] surely he was also drinking with them.

I don't see why any ''memorial was done after that. the other celebrations were not the same thing.

he always gave instructions to his 12. never to any other groups in my understanding of scriptures.

its funny, jesus never spoke of the 144,000 did he?

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

I disagree with the following statement made by Hold Me-Thrill Me:

I'm saying Jehovah's Witnesses are not following the Christ. They follow men. This makes them a false Christian religion.

This is a blanket statement. Not all of Jehovah's Witnesses follow men. I said in response to you, "Jehovah may be cleaning house." You agreed that Jehovah may be cleaning house.

• blondie
    blondie

sowhatnow, I hope you understand I was merely reporting what the WTS teaches not my personal opinion. I was not offering a viewpoint whether they were right or wrong.

Blondie, reporting not supporting

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    If the GB came up with the 144,000 doctored-trine now it WOULD be men only. This explains why the fds is no longer the remnant but only the GB - otherwise why not have women on the GB if they are fds, there would be no reason (1st century women, ct Russels wife was on the board of directors AND he willed 5 women as trustees to watch out for any monkey business from the men willed to take over after his demise). Thoughts ...(1) always wondered why all the anointed I knew where women. (2)Why have WTBS removed removed from the bible ONLY ?3/4th century additions to the bible that fit in with their doctrine ie the "Johnnanine comma" 1 john 5:7 the famous trinity bit in John and the adultress story in john 8 but not the bit about women not speaking in church 1 corinthians 13.34 which they just as sure is a late addition to scripture
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Wow, just been reminded of the virgin males bit. I take it back, GB cant go with that men only 144,000 thing- have you seen the HOT YOUNG BABES a couple of those recently widowed GB have married ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit