W 15 july - members of others religions not destroyed???

by paradisebeauty 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It has bien written before that just like when then Israelites left Egypt, some from other religions may join Jehovah's people at the last minute.

There is always the example of the harlot Rahab who was saved in the midst of Jericho's destruction because she proved her faith in Jah in the final hour.

Doc

• brandnew
    brandnew

Ummmmm hello????? No one , not even the son of god, knows the day or the hour....

If any of this whole kit n kaboodle were even true.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    *** w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

7 Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes , it seemed "new light" to me.. Although the elders in my wife's K/H freely admit that they are not really sure of any of these points any more, such is the rate of change .

Par 9 says " This will not be the time to preach the good news of the kingdom. That time will have passed. The time for the end will come"

Instead, a hard hitting judgement message telling them the end is now, like hailstones Rev 16 .21

So they are not looking for converts at that time and don't expect them although they do not say it is not possible, since the judgement comes later

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

StarTrekAngel and Doc come close to the correct understanding of what WTBTS is teaching. Note the quote carefully:

Should we conclude, though, that the destruction of the religions of Babylon the Great results in the death of all the former members of those religions? Apparently not.

Now look at the FAQ from the web site where it asks: "Do Jehovah's Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?"

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I read this too with interest but it's not as exciting as I first hoped.

what it says is that the destruction of religion will not mean the destruction of all members, that some will leave the religions. Then it says:

“Similarly, we cannot expect that the future interruption in the great tribulation will result in an influx of new believers. Rather, it will be an opportunity for all true believers to prove their love for Jehovah and give their support to Christ’s brothers.

“No doubt God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message. This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete”

So basically they are saying, religion would be destroyed, some members will survive and renounce those religions, then the Jw message would get harder, but we shouldn't expect mass conversion, the key to survival is not being a good person, believing in Christ and being a sincere Christian but as usual is 'supporting Christs 'brothers''

remember though this only matters if they're actually right about any of these predictions and an honest look at the last 120 years would say they're probably not!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"Will the judge of all the earth not do what is right?" IF you know for sure that God is your friend, then what are you worried about? Salvation does not depend on interpretation of the Bible but on God who closes the door.

According to JW, the destruction of BTG also results in the deaths of people who did not get out of Ur (her) and get stuck inside Jerusalem when Titus encircles her during the gt. JWS will escape because they catch sight and flee to safety before it happens. According to Josephus, many clever Jews abandoned Jerusalem like rats from a sinking ship (along with Christians) because they knew that the Romans would be back. JW also have taught in the past that some jws could also get killed during the gt but would be resurrected later. And same as the the clever Jews that fled Jerusalem after Gallus (according to Josephus) clever ones to will escape BTG destruction. But D day is Armageddon. If God executes you at Armageddon then you are going to the other place and not coming back. But ultimately, God is the final judge.

It was only when Pharaoh went after to kill the Jews that God was forced to act to protect them and save them, as was also the case during ancient Israel's existence as a nation, He often had to step in as their God to protect them and to deliver them.. When God's enemies attack his people at Armageddon, He will be forced to act to protect them. At some point truth will hit the mind's eye of the spiritually blind and they will finally see and hear, thus realizing empirically that it is no coincidence. But God will kill his enemies, if you are his friend, relax, don't worry, you have nothing to worry about. If you do not believe in God or the Bible or in anything more than the physical science, you are going to die anyway, so why worry. Like the dead Issac Asimov. He is dead and and so is his dead philosophy. I would be very interested in hearing about the chance or hope of life after death, but everybody knows that everybody dies sooner or later. Don't need IA to teach me that.

JWS are not afraid of the teachings of other religions. Why should anyone be worried about JW warnings and preaching and teachings if they have nothing to fear? WT teaching about God destroying all religions is clear and has not changed.

• Perry
    Perry

For clarity sake, this is a commentary about what the passages in Zechariah are actually about:

13:1-6 In the time mentioned at the close of the foregoing chapter, a fountain would be opened to the rulers and people of the Jews, in which to wash away their sins. Even the atoning blood of Christ, united with his sanctifying grace. It has hitherto been closed to the unbelieving nation of Israel; but when the Spirit of grace shall humble and soften their hearts, he will open it to them also. This fountain opened is the pierced side of Christ. We are all as an unclean thing. Behold a fountain opened for us to wash in, and streams flowing to us from that fountain. The blood of Christ, and God's pardoning mercy in that blood, made known in the new covenant, are a fountain always flowing, that never can be emptied. It is opened for all believers, who as the spiritual seed of Christ, are of the house of David, and, as living members of the church, are inhabitants of Jerusalem. Christ, by the power of his grace, takes away the dominion of sin, even of beloved sins. Those who are washed in the fountain opened, as they are justified, so they are sanctified. Souls are brought off from the world and the flesh, those two great idols, that they may cleave to God only.

Link

JWS are not afraid of the teachings of other religions.

They have no fear of God either when he says that in hell it will simply not be possible to cease being conscious. We were created with the ability to enjoy God and his unfathomable goodness for eternity. God has put eternity in us.

the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night - Rev. 14: 11

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

They have no fear of God either when he says that in hell it will simply not be possible to cease being conscious. We were created with the ability to enjoy God and his unfathomable goodness for eternity. God has put eternity in us.

You are right. They do not fear such god that makes hell out of life. If you mean a hot hell, the God of JW does not have a special place of torture for the dead. Some god! Not good enough for that god just to let you die dead, no, but even after you are dead, he has a special place for you to suffer torture making life a curse. Those suffering, curse life every moment and curse him.They would never worship a God like that.

Anyway, you know JW teachings. But you are right, they do not fear hell, Sheol, the grave. And they do not fear for a moment that their God would torture anyone, not even the Satan when he must be destroyed.

Life is a blessing not a curse.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Should we conclude, though, that the destruction of the religions of Babylon the Great results in the death of all the former members of those religions? Apparently not. The prophet Zechariah was inspired to write about that time. Speaking of someone who was previously part of false religion, the account states: “He will say, ‘I am no prophet. I am a man cultivating the soil, because a man bought me when I was young.’ And if someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds between your shoulders?’ he will answer, ‘Wounds I received in the house of my friends.’” (Zech. 13:4-6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit