I finally got my CoC book in the mail

by truthseeker1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I finally got it in the mail. I looked in local bookstores and couldn't find it and resorted to purchasing it online...i hate doing that. It took weeks because I am a cheapskate and didn't want to pay for rush delivery. But now, because I waited on jehovah I now have my very own copy of CoC. I only read a bit last night because i had to go out drinkin with some buddies. It must have been the influence of all the demons possessing the book that made me go out with worldlies. I'm just excited and wanted to share...

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Really, it took weeks? I just ordered one a few days ago, but I didn't see an option for rush delivery, although I may not have been paying much attention.

Did you order it off the commentary press site or one of the dealers on Amazon?

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

amazon i think

best 12 bucks I ever spent.

Edited by - truthseeker1 on 7 August 2002 13:10:12

• onacruse
    onacruse

I have a love/hate feeling about CoC.

When I first read it, I was an active JW (obviously not a hardliner, was df'd for apostasy 10 years earlier). It made me physically ill, I was so mad I angrily threw it into the trash. I couldn't swallow what it showed me about my lifelong religion.

Well, now, I have another copy, and it is a centerpiece of my library. Every time I pick it up I think back when I first read it 10 years ago, and my guts still sometime jump a little.

Craig (of the getting a stronger stomach class)

• garybuss
    garybuss

Randy Watters has had Crisis Of Conscience on hand and he ships them cheap and fast. Plus the book sales help him keep on with his work.

In reading pleasure please don't forget about Apocalypse Delayed by Jim Penton. Randy usually has them too.

Best wishes to you all always,

gb

• garybuss
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I hope it was the new fourth edition, sometimes Amazon ships old books. The new edition came out a couple of months ago and went up a dollar:

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm

Randy

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Well I got it directly from the publisher and it said 2002 edition so it should be the most recent. Plus you can choose paperback or hardcover. It was a little over 15 dollars including shipping for the paperback.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

What new issues does Brother Franz address in the 2002 book?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Don't know, haven't got it yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit