Google: most accurate bible in the world

by enigma1863 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    I just googled "most accurate bible in the world" and got New World Translation as the answer. Comments?
  • blondie
    blondie

self-affirmation perhaps

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That statement is probably most often repeated by WTS/JWs and thus is google's #1 "hit".

Other Bible translators have some modesty and truly are "discreet".

Doc

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    The first hit for me was an answers.com article that strangely had many different opinions. It said 'is the new world translation the most accurate? In a word, no.' 'I do agree that the new world translation is accurate only in the opinion of Jehovah's witnesses.' Etc.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

How would you even define "the most accurate Bible in the world"? There are no original manuscripts extant so what do you measure against?

meh

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I googled and got KJV

So it depends what time of the day you google!

• Syme
    Syme

If you type "most accurate bible in the world" it says NWT.

If you type "most accurate bible" it says KJV.

• Incognito
    Incognito

I Googled "most accurate bible translation" and got KJV at the top of the "Answers" dot com list. It may depend on the search words included as JWs may often use "in the world' in their claims.

"Bing" search shows Tetragrammatin at the top and the NWT Wikipedia JW claims page is shown as the 2nd listing.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It may be that If you google 'most acurate bible in the world' the nwt translation hits on the word "world" as well as bible translation thus giving it a higher search result
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Really good point, Morpheus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit