'Waiting on Jehovah'

by Dia 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jack2
    jack2
    The dubs don't know how much thanks they owe to socalled worldly people, supposedly controled by satan, who have invented medical miracle procedures, overturned oppressive rulers, took chances to establish a relatively free market capitalism, etc. These efforts have brought mankind a previously unknown level of freedom, education and health. If all waited on jehovah, we'ld still be riding around in chariots, dying young from various maladies, and killing each other for the smallest infractions.

Very good point SS! I'd add a comment, but I can't say it any better.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

The worst use of this phrase is when the Society uses it as an excuse for their failure to correct their mistakes.

Have a complaint about the way a matter is handled? Don't make an issue out of it. Wait on Jehovah.

aaarrrgggghhhhhh!!!!

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

"Wait on Jehovah:" =

= Stop Complaining or we'll remove some privileges

= Are you questioning Jehovah's Organization?

= How'dja like to pull full Bathroom Cleaning Duty for the next convention?

= Isn't your husband providing sufficient spiritual guidance for his wife?

= WAIT!! LOOK!! Isn't that New Light... over there! Look! Augh, you MISSED it!

= Say another word and you'll lose your family.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Isn't this just a pitiful way of saying, 'I can't deal with my anger'....'Just be passive and be quiet and don't have any expectations'....'life is just too difficult; count me out'....'I can't have any impact anyway so why should I even try?'....and of just sitting somewhere on the very outside and just daydreaming of how God, or maybe even Spiderman, is just going to come along one day and then, then really, "I'll show you!"

Whenever the WTS says "Wait on Jehovah" it means "we don't have a fucking clue about what to do."

That about sums it up.

Farkel

• Buster
    Buster

It means that even if you know better, and even if I/we agree you're right, you're still wrong - so get back in line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit