Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christian or Cult, Do JWs Offer Solutions for Local and Global Problems of life?

by skepticSam 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

JWs are definitely on the 'Christian' spectrum. However, they view Christianity in a different way than the mainstream religions do, and there are reasons why it is this way.

How they contribute to solving the troubles that plague humanity is done at a personal level, one a person at a time so to speak. Let me explain. In my Spanish cong there are several examples of individuals whose lives we lived while drinking in excess, smoking, drugs, and other unwise ways; since becoming JWs, these same people seem to live a better quality, cleaner life. So, rather than distributing food at the KH, the teachings dispensed there are spiritual food that, when put into practice, help the subject to take ownership of behavior and adjust it for a better outcome.

SL

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey
    Any charity work by JW's would be a personal effort, and they would be wise to keep it to themselves! I had a recent conversation with a JW relative, who said the preaching work was the primary work for christians, not food banks and building hospitals. He spit out the words "food banks" and " hospitals".
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do JWs Offer Solutions for Local and Global Problems of life?

The Watchtowers "Answer to All Life`s Problems"..

................................................DO MORE FOR THE..

...............................Image result for Watchtower logo

Image result for jehovah's witness at doorhttp://laroucheplanet.info/pmwiki/images/man_hamster_wheel_lg_nwm.gifImage result for Building a kingdom hall

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The only solution the WTS offers is that Yahweh is going to destroy this old wicked system of things , so JWS are being shaped and influenced to wait for Jah, and pressured to do so through guilt and fear that the end is coming soon.

In the mean time this religious publishing house encourages people to give money to the their organization alone and discourages donations to other religious Christian organizations.

They encourage the building of Brainwashing centers known as Kingdom Halls or (publicly distribute) pioneer with the WTS's own commercially false doctrines contained in their literature.

• bafh
    bafh
    They have the nerve to criticise churches in Christendom that do run food banks and homeless shelters . They seem to see it as bribery .I once heard the term " rice Christians " said in a very derogatory tone about people in third world countries accepting food from Christian organisations .

It is interesting to me that in the account of Sermon on the Mount, Jesus fed the people before preaching. According to Maslow, humans cannot attend their spiritual needs before their physical ones. In my opinion, churches in providing food and sometimes shelter are following Jesus example more fully than the WT.

WT is dogmatic and short-sighted yet again. They have been so driven to be different and separate that now as they are desperate for money and members they are starting to look more and more like the 700 Club - begging for money and preaching the Rapture.

I'm popping some corn, it's gonna be a good show.😎

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JW organization has always been a religious publishing cult, in that its members have to make a vow of loyalty to its leaders and be in total subjection to those leaders.

Part of that loyalty comes in that all members are to propagate the doctrines the WTS's leaders set out, without question or debate, doctrines that are and have been devised to lure people to the literature and the organization itself.

Once lured in, the brainwashing, exploitation and manipulation gets a hold of people and the WTS has purposely structured it be very hard to leave once a person is deeply involved.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey
    I recall a situation years ago, a JW friend built a small building. Another JW male was helping with site cleanup and was throwing asphalt shingles on a burn pile. I commented that the burning shingles were probably not good for the environment. His comment "He wasn't interested in propping up this system", and joked that he was hastening Armageddon by polluting. His kids were dancing around the fire, and I though to myself That's all well and good till your kid gets Leukemia. Didn't the kid get Leukemia a few years later, I regretted the thought. The kid pulled through, but I kind of wish I had vocalized that thought at the time!
  • skepticSam
    skepticSam
    DJS, did you read my article and miss this key point?" It's the Watchtower that insinuated a Band-Aid solution, not me. The dynamics of all the homeless are beyond what any one agency can handle, no way in Hell a tract is going to solve these issues. That of mental illness(Republicans throwing out all the mentally ill on the streets when Ronnie Reagan did his famous "Great Dump" putting them outside to fend for themselves or locate a church to help them not starve to death. My post flowing, filled with factious comments how the Watchtower's twisted thinking that "Hope for Homeless" is based off "attending the Kingdom Hall", getting "cleaned up" and "Finding a home" thanks to the grand efforts of the Kingdom Hall members! It's not me who is claiming this works, I know all too well how complicated this issue is! It's the Watchtower who watered down the problem, their the ones who make it all sound so easy, don't you think DJS? You are probably one of my top 3 favorite posters, I thought you of all would catch my scathing sarcasm against these Dark Lords, peace to you DJ!

"The solutions are so simple and we all know what simpletons JWs are, they will read this magazine and think "Oh, those people are alcoholics, drug addicts, lazy and don't want the "lifesaving message of the Truth!" reinforcing the faulty statement I started this paragraph with, the solution to all these problems is far from simple, it's exhausting to the professionals who deal with this problem on a daily basis and must find ways to turn this off when they get home. I know people who work with teenagers that have babies living on the street, these church members seek them out, give them diapers, enough for half-a-week(If you give them a bag, some do take them back to the store for credit to buy beer and let the kids soak in fecal matter) and help get food for the mother and baby. The Social Workers are stumped, one of my friends read the magazine and asked "Are the writers 5 or 6 year-old because they make the issue so simple and vague, it's a way of shirking their responsibility towards the poor!""
  • skepticSam
    skepticSam

DJ, a percentage have caused their own plight depending on which political party one has ties with. The Republicans never think helping the poor is a good idea, though they enjoy all the social programs their given too. When Mitt Romney ran for President, who was his VP? The VP who faked helping in a Food Kitchen, a VP whose father died and his mother lived off SSI because they had not enough money. A VP Candidate that showed no compassion towards those who are suffering what he went through because he's rich now! That's the problem with people, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have more money than several countries and refuse to turn a blind eye to social problems.

We have Republicans like Arnold, Tiger Woods, Micheal Jordan who are not known for charity, they all are the most selfish people and reflect the true "Self Made Man" spirit. Corporate America is aware the outsourcing they use is "slave labor", do they care, only if they get caught. Selfishness is something people don't like but if we are truly animals than why fight this quality? These same political figures say 'at least the 6 year old girl has work, better than starving to death", yes that's the spirit that will turn the White Republican Party in to a Dinosaur of the past. Even Ann Coulter is seeing the light, she knows they are going to become doomed because they are so greedy and don't care about humanity, she's actually cool off the air and in person!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit