Xandria

• Swan
    Swan

A good post Random. Thanks and welcome!

Tammy

Edited by - UglyDuckling on 5 August 2002 22:58:50

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Hi I am Random Tasks Wife. I have posted a few times but never really introduced myself. I never knew til last night when my husband showed me his post that I was the one who helped him leave. I always thought he was the one that helped me. I guess we helped each other. Now only if I could save my 18 year old brother and 15 year old sister.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Welcome to the board Random. I believe you will find your life more fullfilling now that you are out of the org. I wish you much happiness in your future endeavours.

• TheRedPill
    TheRedPill

Hi Random Task!

Like yourself, my husband and I left the organization together. Luckily, my side of the family left as well, but his side are still "true believers" no matter what the organization does. We have been out for two years now and still receive the Watchtower and Awake from his mom. What's funny is, the more we read the publications, the more we feel that we made the right choice! The inconsistencies and the hypocrisy are what drove us out. My husband had some serious theological questions regarding basic teachings and could not get any answers out of the local elders or the printed material. All the elder could say was "why is it such a big deal?"

We have come to the conclusion that although being part of the Borg was not for us, IT IS for some people. His family are classic examples. They are perfectly happy were they are at and we feel that it would only be destructive to take it away from them. I don't think that people are doomed to everlasting destruction for being a JW any more than they are doomed for not being one. We also felt that not "officially" withdrawing was the best way to go for similar reasons. It would cause serious divisions in his family if we did. So we try to remain semi-anonymous as well. (except for my picture posted on Mulan's thread--haha!)

Anyway, I always say take your time before you make any decisions regarding who you talk to about this. Once you've told someone you can't take it back. I think that those that are saying to live a life that proves the WT wrong about "apostates" (term used VERY loosely) are correct. Just make sure that WHEN your family begin to have questions about the organization that you are there to fully support them. Hang in there!!!

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I have to agree with you Red Pill. I have stated several times to my husband that my mother and grandmother need to be Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't think that they would be happy if they were out of that environment. It allows them to live oblivious to the world as we know it. My mother rather live in a world of denial than know what it is really like to live.

I just hope that my brother and sister don't get caught up in it like my father did. My father has expressed to me many time growing he did not like the Wittnesses and what they stood for. He even removed himself as an elder. I wish he was bold enough to leave but he will follow my mother and his mother to the bitter end. I only wish I could tell him it would be OK for him to leave as I know he truly dislikes it.

Edited by - Scarlet on 6 August 2002 0:8:30

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

RedPill, I also think that some people who are in the org actually need it to stay sane. They control every part of your life, for this reason it actually draws people to the organization, people who can't think for themselves. For them the org is like a security blanket that protects them from reality. These people have a chioce to join and they often do so willingly, knowing what they have to give up. But when those people have children they also try to indoctrinate them into the religion, but it usually doesn't take. I saw so many my age and younger who are still in the religion, but long to be like "normal" people. The only reason they wouldn't even think of leaving is so that they are mortally afraid of displeasing their parents, plus I think that all that "die at armageddon" stuff keeps them in line too! Its those people who I am most concerned about, the people that didn't really have a choice and don't belong there.

• TheRedPill
    TheRedPill

Random, you are absolutely right...(My wife wrote the first reply--now its me) It is many times much easier to simply be told what to do, and to be told that if you follow a set of rules that you are in a "special, saved" group. No thinking required, that's done for you.

I found that life was actually much simpler when I was part of it. My salvation was in someone elses hands. I really wasn't responsible since I relied completely on a group of guys in NY to show me the way to God. Since leaving I realize that there is one person in charge of my future...me. There was a time when I was scared to leave. It took a while for the little hairs on the back of my neck to quit raising up every time I thought about Armageddon. The biggest thing that helped that go away was my own research. It is spouted many times in WT publications that people say that thery are "not interested" to JW's at their door for years and then something happens to them and they "see the light" and decide to become a Witness themselves. I think the reverse is also true. Anyone who wants to will eventually find their way out...even if they are seemingly stuck right now. It concerns me as well that some people are stuck, but so was I...so were you for that matter. However, things change and we all move forward with our lives. I think we cause pain by trying to force things before our lives are ready for it to happen.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Random and Scarlet,

Many of us have to operate in secret because of our families , my wife knows how I am but if the cong knew, then the family problems would be enormous and hurt some innocent people .

Went to Twickenham last Saturday . It made me cringe, "Behind a painted smile",

Edited by - BluesBrother on 6 August 2002 15:56:13

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Random Task,

I want to welcome you to the forum here. Your post was well done.

We all experience the pain of losing loved ones, friends and family, to the borg when we make our own departure. That is a horrible price to pay for anyone. You are not alone.

Love and LIght,

Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit