Why is a mass shooting in a church worse than other mass shootings?

by undercover 12 Replies latest jw friends

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I think the media has a lot to do with these killings with all the coverage of police brutality against minorities. You add the coverage on the mass shootings over the past few years and it creates a cocktail for the crazies to be drunk with mentally. Shootings in churches and "religious" places aren't new. There are terrorist acts done quite frequently in Mosques in other countries. Just like others stated, What gets me is the reaction that these places are "safe" from terror. There are tons of movies that place violence in churches. One of which recently, Kingsman: the secret service. The movie had one of the MOST violent scenes in a racist church which features a British hero.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshh6RN89Ub5KbSKv8cV

• millie210
    millie210

All down through history churches were considered sanctuaries. This was respected to some degree even by invaders and non believers. It was like the equivalent of a white flag, a neutral place by agreement as far as violence.

So to have this type of thing happen in a church is an assault to that time honored belief held by most people religious or not.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I do not think it`s any worse because of the fact that killing innocent people ,no matter how many is senseless

In a news report I read he is quoted as saying "You rape our women and your taking over our country you have to go ." and then he kills nine people , and they are mostly women ?

How does that make any sense ?

People who go to a church to worship their God do not expect to be gunned down .

People who go to a movie theatre do not expect to be gunned down .

Children who go to school don`t expect to be gunned down either.

People who commit these atrocities deserve the death penalty .I believe.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit