WT Speaks Out On Apostasy

by stevieb1 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

I find the article very amusing....the reasoning they use is really hysterical....they've got folks so conditioned that what the Society says is "God's word" to the point where they can say just about anything and though it may defie all rational thought and scriptural reasoning...millions of people believe it as if God came down and said it right to them......so very sad. SO very sad. And yet I believed it, trusting soul that I am, for several years.....but I saw the contradictions mounting.....until I could not deny that "The Truth" was not what it claimed to be.

When I was in the Borg...widows over 65 could apply for monitary support from the congregation...I don't know much about it, as I'm in my twenties, but that's what I was told...but I don't know if that was a new thing or only down in the USA or what.

Truth2Me

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

are selective about what we listen to and what we read........

translation: read only what we tell you to read, namely the watchtower, awake, and new world translation of the holy scriptures.

let us maintain a spiritually healthy view of the information received through personal study and congregation meetings.

translation: clutter your mind with newlightspeak and go to regular meetings to have your brain washed.

And instead of questioning God's Word, how much wiser it is to have the attitude of the first-century Beroeans who examined the Scriptures closely!

translation: do not, we repeat, do not think for yourself. be like those wise beroean dudes. if you don't, you will be thought of as "unwise" in the ways of jehovah.

• Mary
    Mary

".....How could the early Christians avoid being led astray by apostates? By carefully studying the inspired writings and applying them in life......

Ya? Gee, funny thing is, JWs are not ALLOWED to simply study the bible on its own. That's when all the "apostasy" started down at Brooklyn in the late '70s early 80's, when the Bethlites started studying the bible without the WT bullshit publications.

".....Instead of being "mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words," they continued moving ahead in their positive course of godly devotion....."

Oh, okay, so now anyone who stands up to sleezy elders and the even sleezier Governing Body, are now "mentally diseased"??? Hey! That's a discriminatory comment! That's another point these "apostates" could sue on: grounds of discrimination against their "mental disease"............

".....Satan tries to break our integrity through the sowing of doubts about what we have been taught...."

Yes, what a bad, bad boy Satan has been, exposing hypocrisy and pedophilia amongst Gods True Religion.......he should hang his head in shame............

".....Sometimes they have used the media to spread distorted information or even outright lies about the methods and motives of Jehovah's Witnesses................"

Isn't it funny how they never, EVER describe exactly what these "apostates" or "media" are lying about???

"...Are we inclined to find fault with Jehovah's people? If so, why?........"

Um, because they send children back to fathers that sexually abuse them and then kick them out of the congregation if they go to the police???? Is that reason enough???

"......And instead of questioning God's Word, how much wiser it is to have the attitude of the first-century Beroeans who examined the Scriptures closely!......"

Like I said, JWs are ALLOWED to examine the scriptures closely......if they were, they could easily discover that Christians are not under the Mosaic Law and do not need "two witnesses" to hunt down a pedophile............

• minimus
    minimus

Boy, you apostates sound so disgruntled!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    When I was in the Borg...widows over 65 could apply for monitary support from the congregation...I don't know much about it, as I'm in my twenties, but that's what I was told...but I don't know if that was a new thing or only down in the USA or what.

Well, this is certainly another load of bullpucky. My mother was a widow in her 70s and she got NO help from the congregation. In fact, when she had the serious stroke that eventually killed her, none of her "brothers" and "sisters" could even take the time to visit her....much less help her monetarily.

• JT
    JT

they've got folks so conditioned that what the Society says is "God's word" to the point where they can say just about anything

#########

the above statement is the most important comment in my view on this article

for it highlights the type of training that jw receive and why it is so IMPORTANT that former jw completely understand the impact, i hear constantly former jw dogging current jw who are holding on to a view on a matter, but when one understands the depth to which the indoctrination has sunk then it helps us as former jw to see the need to deal better many times than what i have seen when it comes to dealing with jw

i have seen Newbies come here and defend the wt positions on matters and former jw GO OFF as if what did you expect a believing jw to say

when you consider that the avg jw sees no difference in :

THE BIBLE SAYS

JEHOVAH SAYS

THE SOCIETY SAYS

AND JESUS SAYS

it becomes so clear why the society can make any statement they want to despite how GOOFY it maybe -- and to the avg jw it is as good as being spoken by god himself

it is this type of control that high control groups have over it;s members that make REASON , LOGIC , FACTS , PROOF have no meaning at all.

this is why for the vast majority of jw who consider this acticle they will not catch that powerful point that so many posters picked up on the min they read this article from the society

yes they call themsleves and what they say- GOD WORDS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

God, and to think that for years I read stuff like this and never questioned it.

Who writes this crap? Ray Richardson and others on the writing committee, are you out there? Have you no shame?!!! How you have sold your souls to the WT propaganda machine. Let JW's read what the "apostates" are saying, and, like the Beroeans, decide for themself if it is true or not. Can the truth be overturned by a lie? Or are you afraid?!! You cowards

• rocky220
    rocky220

they just don't get it,[WT] you cant allow pedophiles to run loose in the congregations hurting the children.....that's it! No twisted Bible quote, no manipulations of the english language and no delusions on who they think they represent on earth will save their raggedy asses!!!!! rocky

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

This article is amazing to say the least. I do not know of any other "media" coverage that has been considered negative other than the child abuse issue and WT policy. It would appear this is another contrived attempt to get the rank and file into line and let them know if anyone says anything, they stand a good chance of being executed as well. I sent this article to a brother I know and I find his response interesting. It appears many within are not buying the WT whitewash of WT policy. Many emails I recieve from witnesses are angry, not at me, but the Governing Body and other leadership for trying to lie and bully their way out of this problem.

Will we soon see another back page article about how humble the GB is? How they are sooo living to the flock? How faithful they are to the flock? As with the comments below, more and more brothers and sisters are seeing the self pleasuring of GB ego for what it is as their anger builds.

silentlambs

If this WT is referring to activity by SLs etc, here's what this objective observer who's spent months analyzing both sides of the child rape policy fracas between WT and SL has to offer .

Scripturally, morally, legally, in WT publications, and reading WT and SL emails and web postings etc.- there is no way SLs have reason to think they are apostates/disgruntled ones.

1. There is a light year's size gap in the attitude and actions between apostates/disgruntled ones and SL's. In the matter of child rape policy within the congs, SL's reflect neither an apostate or a disgruntled attitude. Are SLs Heartsick over a very ugly internal problem? You bet. SL's Upset over GB's stubborn attitude? Yes. SL's Wanting to fix this huge problem? Absolutely. Apostates/disgruntled ones don't spend this much time and effort at their own expense hammering on just ONE policy. Loyal JW's do spend this kind of time etc - even those who are df'd and/or victims. Though having every reason to be "disgruntled"- these instead keep on with this fight and the child rape focus of the fight. Persons such as Hymanaeus, Alexander, and Philetus were pushing actual TEACHINGS - articles of faith - that were out of line. SL's are not doing that. SL's want changes to a dysfunctional policy, not articles of faith.

2. Everything I'm reading in the inspired scriptures says child rape and child rapers are works of the Devil himself. To have a policy that in ANY WAY is remiss and propagates/covers up child rape - tells the honest observer that this policy needs fixed. "Moving ahead in a course of godly devotion" REQUIRES that we keep our spiritual house clean. WT is way overdue on this cleaning - while SL's stand ready with shovels and frontend loaders ready and willing to help clean our spiritual house.

3. If we are so enamored with ourselves and our policies, will be even be ABLE to see spiritual New Light as it comes? Hey - if we as Jehovah's people on earth can't even see the horrendous pile of "policy excrement" heaped right in the middle of our own "living room", how can we hope to see New Light? True "spiritual seeing" has nothing in common with credulity and blind faith! Deferring the shoveling of this huge mess to some later date is buck passing - not "waiting on Jehovah" as we so patiently do in matters of faith. Child rape policy is not a "matter of faith" - it is a POLICY that can be changed to help REAL LIVE PEOPLE that need it.

Another brother writes;

So what are we supposed to do, stand around and never question certain issues and policies about the bible? Wait untill they get my next letter Bill !!!!

• Mary
    Mary

Amen Brother............

The Governing Body have the bear by the tail on this one: there's no way they can let go and save face. Seeing as this involves a criminal matter and not simply arguments about 1914, it will eventually (in my opinion), require the "wordly authorities" to get involved and force the issue.

The main problem is that the Governing Body are modern day Pharisees: they think they have a direct link to God and that their judgement is beyond reproach........THAT'S the real issue here: their authority. Naturally they don't want the world to see what a bunch of lying, deceitful hypocrites they really are, so they'll stop at nothing to try and turn the tables around.

Well, in my opinion they're in alot of trouble, both legally and spiritually. They would do well to heed the bible's warning:

Do no be misled: God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit