WT literature in the trash can

by Nordic 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Faraon
    Faraon

I, too made the mistake of throwing it in the garbage.

Those things can help you in court or to prove to some lame-brain how much the WT has changed over the years and how cultic and dangerous they are.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Now i am 40 years old and have thrown all my WT literature in the trash can.

This is illegal in the United States. Because of the written content of WT literature, it cannot be merely thrown away. One has to take it to a designated "Toxic Waste" dump site where men in space suits VERY careefully put it in containers lined with concrete and lead where it will be contamination-free for thousands of years. This is true even though the half-life of any given piece of JW literature is less than two months, our environmental scientists aren't taking any chances with it.

Farkel

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

heehee ... i kept one copy of everything and threw away all the other copies - there were a load of them - it was quite liberating, i didn't pass them on to anyone else with the risk of contaminating them, plus i've got a reference library for when anyone points out an interesting bit - few and far between i admit, but hidden images within pictures etc

being free of the borg is so wonderful ...

'when you lose small mind you free your life' (system of a down)

Edited by - alliwannadoislive on 3 August 2002 18:12:5

• minimus
    minimus

Ah, but do you not recall that many people found the truth in a trash can?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

HELLO---just want all to know my MOM / LISAs NANA when she left associating with the ORG for some reason they kept coming to the door and or cornering her husband out front or come around back and force the literature on them in one way or another--MOM just used the mags to wrap garbage in be it fish / coffee grounds, etc.and then put the garbage wrapped neatly I must add into the trash can...LINDA LOU (queenie) APOSTATE HEATHEN BITCH FROM HELL

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, Nordic. I kept a lot of WT literature stashed in a closet for years. Somehow, I couldn't bring myself to throw it out. I finally did....then I got on the Internet and realized that a lot of people would buy the older literature to use for research. There are some pretty embarrassing things in those old publications that the WTS would just as soon disappeared. LOL

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The WT literature is indeed of use to reveal the lovely noose they've made for themselves over all these years.

Edited by - pomegranate on 3 August 2002 22:38:32

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

OUR storage space is very limited so we just threw all JW stuff away...I am getting ready to make christmas coasters -- got some read/white/and blue coasters all done...I like doing plastic canvas it is so fun.TV and reading what I wnt to is my favorite past time !!! queenie

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hi Nordic,

Welcome to the board.

I didn't throw my stuff away, I gave it to an elder who wanted my collection of bound volumes and bindered magazines. I didn't want to ship all those old Watchtowers 4000 miles. Besides I knew all the information would be on CD-ROM so I'd get it all back for my $5 contribution (and very generous, I might add).

I have one old Rutherford book in a box at my parent's house along with some other books which I guess I have available on CD. The only regrets I have was handing back my "Flock" book and not keeping an "Organization" book. A very kind person mailed me a replacement and I have access to the "flock" book on-line.

Some advice. Old books are very valuable. Don't throw them away, sell them on E-Bay. Books tossed in the garbage have helped people (apparently, people who use dumpsters instead of public libraries) find the "troof". Even magazines divided in to individual pages have been used to indoctrinate whole villages. If you have to dispose of stuff use a bonfire.

Thirdson

(The Monty Python sketch about the World War II lethal joke that was carefully translated in to German [one translator saw a whole sentence and was hospitalized for two weeks] reminded me of the WTS stories of the "power" of single discarded publications)

• barry
    barry

I gave my WT books to my father, hes an Adventist lay Preacher.
    Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit