Where are the Young Elders?

by James Jack 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

I was appointed as an Elder when I turned 30, 25 years ago. Which was the norm back then.

Now, I very rarely here of a young man becoming an Elder.

In our town we have 2 English congregations. 1 has 8 Elders (3 plus 70 years old, 3 plus 60, 1 plus 50, and at 44 years old).

The 2nd English has 6 Elders (2 in their 70's, 3 in their 60's and one in his 50's).

Do you see this happening in your area?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    The only elders (2) appointed in my former congregation in the last 6 years have been in their 50s. Both born-ins. One of them had been an ms for ~20 years and admitted to me (in one of his frequent attempts to get me to "step up") that he'd been "controlling [his] service time" in order to prevent his getting appointed all those years.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Before I left 2 elders were appointed, one 29 years old the other 32 years old. One week later the 29 year old was disfellowshipped for fornication. About two months later the 32 year old disappeared. To this day no one knows where he went. He just picked up and moved with no forwarding address.

The young 29 elder admitted to me that the young 18 year old sister was so hot and wild in bed that it was just worth it- losing his Elder-ship and getting diisfellowshipped. He has no regrets and neither does she. He is still disfellowshipped and living with the young sister. They don't know ttatt, but they know what wild and crazy sex is!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    JA - 2 elders were appointed, one 29 years old the other 32 years old. One week later the 29 year old was disfellowshipped for fornication. About two months later the 32 year old disappeared.

Wow! Proof positive that the holy spirit REALLY works!!

The only young elders I saw appointed were the sons of elders that were part of the big family of elders. Did anyone say 'nepotism'?

• hoser
    hoser
    The leadership is aware that no one is signing up for a tour of duty. Many articles about reaching out lately.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    punkofnice
    punkofnice

The spirit that appoints was not as strong as the spirit that lures young elders away. Image result for beautiful legs pictures

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    As a women one of the things that trully revolted me was seeing young males appointed elders and pontificating over sisters in there 50's plus who were, in terms of humility experience knowledge and compassion vastly their spiritual superior. BTW Is it me ladies, or are some ex JW men inappropriately school boy like when it comes to sex...I guess they are catching up emotionally as well as physically!!!
  • Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Young "elder" is an oxymoron.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn
    As a women one of the things that trully revolted me was seeing young males appointed elders and pontificating over sisters in there 50's plus who were, in terms of humility experience knowledge and compassion vastly their spiritual superior.

The mental gymnastics to maintain "male superiority" is astounding when peering closer at their made-up rules:

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Our hall. Around ten elders. 1 is mid 40s. The next youngest is 58 ish. The rest are old. The average age is 64. I did the math.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit