Bethel Meeting at Regional Convention

by MrTheocratic 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Listener
    Listener
    Mr Theocratic if you were there to test out a theory, how many others were in attendance to test out their theories?
  • MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic
    All points made are fare. Fridays attendance was around 7000 and the meeting was held in a very large room. If I had to put a number on it I would say attendance was like 3 congregations put together.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think its very naive to observe 1 single recruitment meeting for Bethel at a DC than assume that all things are rosy in WT land when there are a ton of factors that show things are definitely not ;

growth rates world wide in former long established traditional WT stronghold countries in minus/zero and minimal growth, Japan, Germany, Poland, UK and a vast percentage of mainland Europe etc

congregations being merged, liquidated

whole sale worldwide sell off of KH's and Bethel branches

the quick fire sell off of the Brookyln estate

the TV evangelist style of begging for more funds from the R&F

scaling down of DC's

how many actually get called on in the D2D field work?

more and more civil and criminal lawsuits going against them

massive downsizing of their printing

their charitable status' being scrutinised worldwide

an organization going nowhere? even hardened WT opposer's like many of us here could never have predicted any of the above 10/15 years ago, the ongoing sexual/child abuse lawsuits could eventually destroy them.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I wonder how many were there because their parents "encouraged" them to attend?
  • millie210
    millie210

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Mr. Theocratic.

I must admit I felt discouraged when I read that a lot of people crowded in to the room.

I want everyone to feel about this Org the way I do!

I guess there will be pockets of enthusiasm and I know that assemblies are big pep rallies for that. One of the things that makes me feel the most encouraged that the Org is losing ground is hearing talks like the one Splain just gave. He takes it very easy on the Catholic church.

Apparently we are going to see more of this as the Org tries to appeal to all the third world Catholics. They wouldnt be running around trying to capture votes if THEY felt everything was ok, right?

• Giordano
    Giordano

In my opinion belief in the org is one part doctrines......usually Armageddon and surviving or being resurrected in the new world and 2 thirds being born in spending their entire life dependent on a religious social network.

Lose either of those touchstones and you have the reasons the JW'S are losing 67% of their born ins.

Bethel recruitment attendance is probably more about confused teens being offered three choices when they graduate HS........ Go to Bethel, pioneer or get out and find a job.

Most JW teens are not ready after HS to go out into the world and become something that is truer to their own self. It takes a real effort to shuck off your complete identity as a JW.

• tiki
    tiki

"Most JW teens are not ready after HS to go out into the world and become something that is truer to their own self. It takes a real effort to shuck off your complete identity as a JW."

Exactly - Giordano.... and if you're a young man, I can see where the idea of getting away from home where you're stuck pioneering and earning a meager wage doing something stupid as opposed to going to Bethel - Bethel would definitely seem a better option. And it is sad that these kids are growing up in a glass bubble and have no way of learning how to think objectively or outside the box. It leaves them mentally and emotionally crippled and ill-suited to a real life.....so what else is there but stick close to the mother org.

• hoser
    hoser
    Male bethelites can have their pick of the hot witness chicks. Maybe that is part of the attraction to going to bethel The attention they get from the opposite sex
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    MrTheocratic, what was the baptism number there and what percentage as a guess were JW youth?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    hoser; the attention they get from the same sex- edited

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit