Rapists at Our Doors and IRS---OH MY GOD!!!

by dungbeetle 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

This is from ((((((((((expatbrit ))))))))))))

Hello xxxxxxxxx:

The IRS has an advanced text tax guide for churches and religious
    organisations that you might find interesting to skim through. It
    does mention that no part of the organization's purposes or
    activities may be illegal of violate fundamental public policies. The
    link is:

http://www.irs.gov/exempt/display/0,,i1%3D3%26genericId%
    3D15048,00.html

The document is a pdf file.

My response:

There it is...gee do you think a policy IN WRITING since 1967 to (a) keep molesters/rapists from law enforcement/mental health professionals (b) send them to our doors not alone but possibly IN PAIRS..and finally (c) the comment by J.R.Brown "We don't change for anybody"

IS AGAINST FUNDAMENTAL PUBLIC POLICY????

WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!!!!! GET THOSE IRS PHONE NUMBERS GOING

CALL THE PRESS...JAM THOSE IRS TOLL-FREE PHONE LINES

What we did with the UN is NOTHING compared to what we can do NOW

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

BTTT

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hello Dung:

The IRS guide is certainly interesting in that it reflects the language used in other countries concerning how a charity must not be against the public interest. It is something that (in my opinion) warrants looking at a bit more. For instance, what does the IRS mean by terms like "fundamental public policies"? What activities contravene these?

There is an extensive section to the IRS website on not-for-profits, and no doubt IRS personnel could give information. I would recommend some further research before jamming the toll-free numbers, which is why I posted this at the board you quoted it from. Not that I wish to discourage you, but one can never be too prepared in dealing with government agencies.

Would the revenue service look closely at the WT because of the paedophile issue? I don't know. They might, which is why I place this activity in my "worth a shot" list of things to do. It is true that the Catholics have not had their non-profit status threatened by their child abuse scandals. But then maybe no-one approached the IRS about it. And in any kind of legal activity, there must always be a ground-breaking precedent. A lot could depend on further media exposure of the WT and how the issue is presented to the revenue services.

Expatbrit

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<It is true that the Catholics have not had their non-profit status threatened by their child abuse scandals>

We don't have any way of KNOWING they were never threatened, do we?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

A valid point!

Expatbrit

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I'm on hold with the IRS on one phone and my accountant frined is on the other phone in my other ear and HER other phone is on hold with the IRS...this should be fun.

So far all I have found out is that they have to fill out a form '55 something' and they have to STATE what their purpose IS and I haven't even asked yet but my accountant friend is QUITE sure that sending rapists to people's doors doesn't likely come up....and there is no renewal, you fill it out just once...geez

The problem with IRS here si the same problem we have been having all along when it comes to politicians and even the US supreme court--they have to admit they did this in the first place, they let this happen in the first place.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

some of them DO need to refile every year, within three months of the yearly date of the original filing, dunno if that is Watchtower.

I seem to recall Watchtower has tax-exempt status under more than one kind of filing; an educational organization (which is why they have the km schools and a school BOOK and the kingdom ministry, and the door to door work, to continue to qualify for THAT PARTICULAR exemption) and some other exemption as a not-for-profit.

(877) 829-5500

Internal Revenue Service
    TE/GE Division, Customer Service

They close at 6:30 pm eastern time, Monday through Friday.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Religious Organizations

To determine whether an organization meets the religious purposes test of section 501(c)(3), the IRS maintains two basic

guidelines.

1) That the particular religious beliefs of the organization are truly and sincerely held.

2) That the practices and rituals associated with the organization's religious belief or creed are not illegal or contrary to clearly defined public policy.

Therefore, your group (or organization) may not qualify for treatment as an exempt religious organization for tax purposes if its actions, as contrasted with its beliefs, are contrary to well established and clearly defined public policy. If there is a clear showing that the beliefs (or doctrines) are sincerely held by those professing them, the IRS will not question the religious nature of those beliefs.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

DUNGB...et al UNLESS there is a warrant to enter your home do u need to open up much less be all sweet and nice--JUST WONDERING I DO NOT OPEN MY DOOR unless I dam well feel like it and I DO NOT FEEL LIKE IT WITH JWs and the IRS can sit and spin as far as I am concerned nd you may quote me as well....QUEENIE apostate heathen I am booooo where is my broom and crystal ball !!!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((((((((( queenie ))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit