Starting Up An Ex JW Self Help Support Group ....

by Celtic 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Well, Celtic, good luck with your endeavors. I don't pretend to know you but you seem to be caring guy. I wasn't trying to degrade your efforts, but as a user of group support in the past and currently with the various trials that come along, I applaud your willingness to give. (BTW I'm not trying to be snide, tone of voice is so hard to convey in print).

• invisible
    invisible

Hugs for Blondie Balmpot!!

Celty

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Thanks for the info. I belong to a 12-step support group and, for me, it does wonders! So nice to be able to sit and talk w/people who understand and can offer support to a similiar problem/dilema.

I would love to start a support group for xjw's here in Northern Minnesota. Hmm.....maybe someday.

• Prisca
    Prisca

In many ways, Apostafests are a way of forming support groups.

When you attend an Apostafest, you get to meet in person with others who have gone through the same situations as you have. You become friends, and thus you have someone who can support you, plus you can also support them when they need it too. We are all in different stages in leaving the JWs, and those who have not been out for long will have issues that need resolving, and this is where those who have been out for a longer time can help them.

Just my 2 cents.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Blondie,
    I don't think self-help and group are oxy-moronic.
    I think it's totally plausible that i can help myself, using a group.
    But nice attempt @ humour.

Celtic
    I thought of it once. i may be just a little too anti-social to pull that off just yet...i'll let the idea simmer on the back burner for a bit though. good website reference btw.

I guess i kinda view *this place* as my x-jdub "support group". Maybe someday i'll want to take that from virtual to real life...if not for myself, then for otherz. We'll see.

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit