Children of murdered Charleston minister have "already forgiven" their Mother's killer.

by nicolaou 24 Replies latest social current

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The killer has a darkness infecting his personality/brain. He is obviously unable to feel empathy or natural emotions. He is truly "mentally diseased". This is not an effect from those around him, not from living in an environment that this type of action is ok. Those around him are loving, and kind to one another as evidenced in the aftermath of this horrific terrorist and racist crime. I see no collaboration with any other people in this act. He is alone with his horrid mind in this crime. I can see where the family members feel pity on this man, since he is so obviously mentally deranged. Not living with the human emotions of empathy and love that are normal and natural to healthy minds.

He is to be pitied, and rightly punished. Taken out of society for good.

To carry around hatred for his man would infect those families for a lifetime. They choose to remove the negative and try to replace it with positive.

I agree that this is so soon that some may not be grieving properly, and may bury the emotions, which is unhealthy.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If after the shock subsides they still feel the same way, I think I will be a little jealous of their concept of forgiveness.

The "brothers and sisters" in my town don't forgive me for not going to meetings.😣

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Sparrowdown, it take so much strength and resolve to allow forgiveness to replace anger. But , in this lifetime, we must not allow anger to take over.

I do not mean we do not punish, because yes, we do need to make sure this man is out of society for good. But to pray for him, and forgive the actions of a diseased mind is a healing type of thing. it helps make some sort of sense out of what is usually senseless. Our minds try to process something we can put a finger on. The senseless is very difficult, as we continue to search for the sense.

• flipper
    flipper

NICOLAOU- I agree with your views- totally. I understand that these young people are coping in the only way they've been TRAINED or TOLD by religion to cope with this - and therein lies the problem. It's the same thing that happens to JW's when they are mind controlled or indoctrinated to confess to " sins " due to allegedly having " born-in imperfections " due to the alleged " inherited sin " from " Adam " and " Eve ". Or why JW's overlook child abuse, murders, rape - then go to preach in prisons trying to "reform " jackasses who've raped, killed, or molested multiple people . It's bullshit. Utter crap.

Organized religion uses situations of violence, murder, rape, child molestation and on and on- to justify trying to find an answer or " reason " for why people do these crimes. So in order to help religious people to " cope " or try to find an answer they superstitiously tell them to " forgive " a piece of shit murderer like this 21 year old piece of filth so they can find some kind of answer or solace. There IS no answer. There IS no rhyme or reason to it. There are just disgustingly perverted sick people on this planet who have put horrid views of prejudice into their brains by whatever they are reading, whomever they are surrounding themselves with as associates, and whatever demented twisted views they have of themselves as some kind of half-ass messenger from " God " thinking they need to do an " ethnic cleansing " of different races- whether that be African American, Native American, Asian - whatever - it's injustice that has fermented at it's worst in the twisted mind of a 21 year old white supremacist who should be locked up and the key thrown away.

Better yet - let him suffer the same way our African American brothers and sisters did in the 1800's - let the courts take his ass and hang him in a tree in Charleston and lynch his ass. See how he responds to that. I doubt he'll respond after it's accomplished.

Some may feel I'm being too severe here- I don't care. I am speaking truth. America has gone WAY too soft on crime and WAY too soft on not doing mandatory checks on what kind of insane people purchase firearms. If there are no criminal background checks on people purchasing firearms or NO check on their mental health history- there will be lots more of these kind of murders folks. Strap your helmets on - we're all going to need tough skin if the government or authorities does nothing to stem the tide of racism, incompetent check systems for firearm purchases, or incompetent police.

All religion does is put a disguise or bandage on this violence without explain it adequately. All fantasy. Time for the bandage to be ripped off

• Laika
    Laika
    Dylann wanted a 'race war' He wanted hate, but instead he got grace and love. "Beauty will save the world"
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

What FLIPPER said.

BOC

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I agree Laika, the best "revenge" is not allowing this racist lunatic's objective to be realized.
  • Simon
    Simon

It's one situation where the opium of religion probably actually does people good.

Better to let go than kill yourself harbouring resentment.

Better to celebrate the life of the lost than give more attention to the killer.

• flipper
    flipper

" Better to celebrate the life of the lost than give more attention to the killer "

I agree with you Simon , exactly - however- for these religious followers to be openly "forgiving " this insane murderer in open media is almost thanking him for murdering their relatives and family. I mean WTF ? In essence the " forgiveness " these victims family are doing almost exalts the guy to " saint " status. You know- " Oh poor him, he was mentally insane dear God forgive him , because he knows not what he does. " I don't buy into it, not for a minute. The guy needs to fry

• Laika
    Laika
    Flipper, I love you man, but you have to know that signing off your calls for violence with "peace out" is quite jarring. Maybe you should take some of your own advice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit