Appeal Letter 7-29-02

by silentlambs 34 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Although beautifully written and every bit true, I'm sure it will be to no avail. Do appeals EVER work?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Bill, whether you are intending to make a point for the media or you are just saying what you feel you need to say, I'm not sure. But at some point you will have to let go and move on. As far as they are concerned the 'game' is over and that they have been unfair or unjust is irrelevant because they are a private club and they make up the rules as they go.

They don't need witnesses or anything to get rid of you because you have given them more than enough. They have disfellowshipped you on a stupid technicality to mask the real reasons. I'm sure you realize these things but I gather you have your reasons for wanting to continue this.

They know you don't really want back in and they don't want you back, so at some point you will realize your efforts can be better focused elsewhere. You have done alot for others and I'm sure you will continue to do much. Please make sure you take care of yourself and your family. They have a way of getting to people and it is just not worth it in the end.

Path

ps...I particularly enjoyed the use of Luke 12:45 in your letter because the Society seems to overlook the obvious implications of this verse.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

The point of weither Bro. Bowen wants to stay in has nothing to do with the way they are handling this matter. If I were accused of a lie, my good name slandered, I would want my day in "court". It would not even matter if they just dropped the whole thing right now at this point, if it were me. The slander has already been done, you can see that in the things he noted in his letter. It is a matter of principle and this is his life. Everytime he goes out in public, people are going to think one way or the other. If it were me, I would want the real truth, my real motives to be told, not just want the local elders are telling everyone. Since Bill is an innocent man, he has committed no judicial sin according to the WT, why would he stand and let them d/f him. He should be allowed to tell his story and they are denying him to even serve as his own witness. They simply do not want to hear it , and that is in no way fair to Bill. This whole matter of being d/f or not will no doubt effect his livelihood, his friendship, relationships with family and the community. And also very important, it would hault his kind efforts to help those who were abused as children, and the many children that are still being abused. I say to Bill, fight for your right to be heard.... whatever the outcome is , everyone has a right to stand up and tell their side of the issue.

• freeman
    freeman

Boy Bill talk about being direct, you sure are. You have proven that the Tower is not impenetrable; you have made significant cracks in its walls. You have proven that one stand up guy has more power then a bunch of old men in diapers with a billion dollar publishing empire behind them. Hang in there my friend, you are doing great!

Freeman

• Carmel
    Carmel

Please understand, I am in full support of Bill and his Silent Lambs. Having said that, the question is still valid. Is this rhetoric on his part or does he sincerely want to stay an active JW. Simple, either he sees all the spiritual pimples the Borg has and still likes what he sees or, he is using his situation to provide grist for public consumption. Now that he is "out" I've got to believe the latter is the case, in which case the refrain is apt.

carm

• Mary
    Mary

I can't believe some here are telling Bill that his appeal will "do no good" and that he should "move on".....Forget it! The Governing Body wants Bill and everyone else to believe that he should just accept their judgement (as per usual) and "move on". I say, NO WAY.........This has been a long time in coming. The Watchtower Society, and the Governing Body have been pushing JWs around for decades, forcing them to believe false doctrines, telling them not to get married, or to have children, or to by a home or to get a good education, all on pain of being cut off from family and friends.

To me, what's happening now is the last straw. To protect child molestors and offer up JW children as human sacrifices just so they can try and keep a good name, is the lowest thing the Borganization has EVER done! Not only is it scripturally and morally wrong, its ILLEGAL and some of the top guys at Brooklyn could have their sorry asses thrown in jail for "aiding and abedding" known criminals. They've got more than enough Witnesses to prove it too. And then to purposely sleaze their way around and disfellowship anyone who dares to question them, shows that they are "from [your] father, the Devil. That one was a manslayer when he began....."

While it might be easy to give up, there are things in life worth fighting for and this is one of them. These brothers and sisters who have been DF'd are not alone.......they've got LOTS of supporters who will do what it takes to expose these guys for what they truly are.

So don't give up Bill; stick to your guns and these guys will eventually be forced to change.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Awesome Bill from Draffenville

• chezza
    chezza

Well done bill, very nicely written letter. Its such a shame to see these things go on in a organization who are supposed to be living the truth.. You know what really gets to me, whenever "when i was a witness" we would show someone their wrongdoing and they wouldnt see it we would say, oh satan has blinded the minds of the unbelievers..... Whose blind now! They refuse to see how this issue has and does affect the faith of many in the organization.... Because of this very situation i have lost my faith in god, and how can they not be held responsible.

• Liberated
    Liberated

There are definitely bigger issues here than being "in" or "out".

For one thing, the children, and changing the policy of two witnesses.

The other thing is, the wts has to be held accountable for its actions. They have to be made to follow their OWN rules or be exposed as the hypocrites that they truly are.

Libby

• Grunt
    Grunt

Bill,
    I am sincerely sorry about your dad. I hope he relents and sees things as they are and not as he wishes they were.
    As per your request in another thread, I did write the paper and I finsished it with this line:

"This is the kind of pressure Bill Bowen is standing up to. This man had everything to lose but his self-respect by taking the stand he has for the victims he gives a voice to. I hope you never know how hard it is to risk the ones you love most in this life for your integrity. To risk them and lose them and not recant."

In my opinion you are doing right, not giving an inch, forcing them to break all of their own rules and know in their hearts what a sham their rules really are. By exposing the control they hold over such judicial committies you show just how little real justice is involved. Thanks to you and all those like you who are fighting the fine fight and taking horrible losses all for the sake of the innocents who have suffered too much already and who had no other champion.

You have all my respect.

Grunt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit