NAMES OF GOVERNING BODY FOR LETTER WRITING

by Mary 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

To those who are going to be part of the letter-writing campaign to Bethel regarding the decision to disfellowship Bill Bowan, Barbara Anderson and others for appearing on Dateline, here are the names of the Governing Body members that you can address the letter to:

John E. Barr
    Carey W. Barber
    Theodore Jaracz
    Karl F. Kein
    Gerritt Losch
    Milton Henschel
    Albert Schroeder
    Daniel Sydlik
    Samuel herd
    David Splane
    Steve Lett
    Guy Pierce

These are the most up-to-date names I have, but if anyone sees anyone who's missing or something that needs to be changed, please let me know.

The address for all these guys is:

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society
    25 Columbia Heights
    Brooklyn, New York
    USA 11201-2483

I would suggest that when you do a letter, address it to Milton Henschel, and cc the rest of them individually instead of just putting "Governing Body". I would also like to suggest that you put "PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL" on it, as it would have a better chance of actually seeing these guys, rather than a secretary.

If all these letters are openly cc'd to Dateline, 20/20, 60 Minutes, or Oprah Winfrey, it might make them think twice before they just ditch the letters in the garbage too. I think Oprah would be a good person to cc, as she herself is a survivor of sexual abuse as a child, and would be very sympathetic to others who have experienced the same thing. She would probably also be outraged at people who are shunned for trying to protect these children by speaking out, by men claiming they are God's representatives on earth. As she has very high ratings, this could be a definite advantage.

Hope this helps!

• scumrat
    scumrat

can anyone get dateline, oprah, 60 minutes and 20/20 adresses

Thanks

• blondie
    blondie

I think Karl Klein died last year(?)

It's

Gerrit Losch

and

M. Stephen Lett

Edited by - Blondie on 29 July 2002 12:5:10

• Celia
    Celia

John E. Barr is 89

Carey W. Barber is 97
    Theodore Jaracz is 77
    Karl F. Klein is dead, I think
    Gerritt Losch, around 60
    Milton Henschel is 82

Albert Schroeder is 91

Daniel Sydlik is 83
    Samuel herd
    David Splane
    Steve Lett
    Guy Pierce

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thank you Mary very much for your promptness in getting all this information, I have something of interest to tell many of you as I recieved an e-mail from Engand today and I believe it is excellent however due to some who may be lurkers I can not afford to post it so if you wish me to sent it to you I will reqire your url. mine is in the profile. Thank you ahead of time Orangefatcat aka Terry.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

How To Contact Oprah Winfrey

The addresses are:

Harpo Productions
    P. O. Box 909715
    Chicago, IL 60607

or

Oprah Winfrey Show
    Harpo Studios
    1058 W. Washington Blvd.
    Chicago, IL 60607-2116

Or

http://oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_fromu.jhtml

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 29 July 2002 13:11:5

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Thanks for the names of the GB members!!!

That's what we need to participate is sending a volley of letters of concern to each member in support of Bill, and in protest of the policy they claim to have of helping the victim and informing the authorities, but the abundance of experiences proves the WTS is lying.

As for contacting the Oprah show...click onto the thread below. It is interesting since Oprah has responded to a letter written by the author of the thread and invited her on the show!!!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33346&site=3

Wouldn't it be fantastic if she could be joined by Bill and other victims of abuse by a molester and abuse by the WTS in enforced silence on threat of shunning?????

Had Enough

• abbagail
    abbagail

FYI: At this thread, B.Bowen wrote the following as far as writing letters to the GB members:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33127&site=3&page=2

Re: LETTERS OF OUTRAGE TO GOVERNING BODY Jul 28, 2002 13:28

IF you want to get mail to the GB directly, send it to 124 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201 in the personl name of the GB member you wish to write to. If you really want to get him to open it, put areturn address with a personal name so they will think it is fan mail. Also you might put a dollar inside, that way they will be sure and open it.

silentlambs

Here's another list of the scoundrel Governing Bugs, if anyone wants to fire off a letter to them. This below list was also posted on the thread where B.Bowen posted his appeal letter today: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33363&site=3

This list shows (see below) that Karl Klein and Lyman Swingle both died last year 2001. I only clipped the portions of their bios which stated what year they became GB members. If you want to see their pictures and/or read more of the bios, go to the link at the bottom of the list. /GRITS

--------------------------------

Carey W. Barber (1905-) ...he is called to the Brooklyn Bethel, to be a Governing Body member in the autumn of 1977. Source: w82 11/15 10-14 (French).

John E. Barr (1913-) In September 1977 is called to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and from then on lives in the headquarters of the organization, in Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.
    Source: w87 7/1 26-31 (French).

Milton G. Henschel (1920-) On December 30, 1992 was selected to be the successor of Frederick W. Franz (who had died a week before, when he was 99 years old) in the Presidency of the Watchtower. Henschel was president of the Watchtower until October 7, 2000, when there was a reorganization in the leadership and Don Adams (not a Governing Body member) became the new President of the Watchtower. Sources: w77 7/1 394; yb80 112; w89 6/15 22; w89 9/1 26; w93 3/15 31 (French). -- Grits wonders: What is Henschel's status now? Is he dead?

Samuel F. Herd (?-) On October 2, 1999, Samuel Herd was appointed to the Governing Body. He is the only Afro-American in the Governing Body. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Theodore Jaracz (1925-) On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body. Sources: w75 5/1 284; w77 2/1 95; w96 6/1 25; yb83 103-105 (French).

M. Stephen Lett (?-) On October 2, 1999 was appointed to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Gerrit Lsch (1940-) On July 1, 1994 he was appointed to the Governing Body.
    Source: w94 11/1 29 (French).

Guy H. Pierce (?-) On October 2, 1999, Guy Pierce was appointed to the Governing Body. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Albert D. Schroeder (1911-) On December 18, 1974 Schroeder was appointed to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Sources: w83 3/1 10-17; w85 12/1 26 (French).

David H. Splane (?-) In 1998 he was appointed "helper" of the Writing Committee.
    On October 2, 1999 he was appointed to the Governing Body. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Daniel Sydlik (1919-) On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body. Source: w85 6/1 21-26 (French).

DECEASED GB Members
    Karl F. Klein (1906-2001) On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body. Died January 3, 2001. Source: w85 5/1 20-27 (French).

Lyman A. Swingle (1910-2001) On October 1, 1945 Swingle was elected to the Directors Board of the Watchtower. Around 1984 he was appointed secretary-treasurer of the Watch Tower Society of Pennsylvania and Watch Tower Society of New York. Died March 14, 2001. Sources: w84 5/15 24; jv91; yb81 188 (French).

GB Names/Info retrieved from: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/gb.htm>

• abbagail
    abbagail

Somebody asked about 20/20 and Dateline, etc. I don't have their street addresses handy, but here's a few email addy's:

< [email protected]>

Tom Brokaw < [email protected]>

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected] -- or -- < [email protected]>

Newsweek Magazine: [email protected]

Time Magazine: [email protected]

Associated Press: [email protected]

And thanks Mary for making the GB Members' Names a Topic in Itself so it will stand out!

Grits

Edited by - Grits on 29 July 2002 21:47:8

• LogCon
    LogCon

Where can we find current [July 2013] GB names ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit