Apostasy Or Hypocrisy? WT Loads the Language!

by Englishman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• joenobody
    joenobody

Wow! This really skews the meaning of those scriptures. If you read them with hypocrite in mind, it makes you think of the fakes who are within the organization not the so-called apostates who would be out of the organization. By using the word apostate incorrectly in all of these instances, it deflects attention away from corruption within the organization, instead of to those who appear to be practicers of good, but are instead hypocrites.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Eman,

An interesting thought.

Have you checked in a Old Testament Interlinear for the original wording?

Unfortunately I don't have one handy, but I'll check it out later.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Valis
    Valis

Oi!!! Dam! Englishman...I hope you see this...I wish we could read where you compared the translation for us...can you post this again so we can discern once again? There are many that would benifit from seeing it and come to a new realization as to what being an Apostate is versus a hypocrite...lemme know if you need to host it somewhere or whatever or maybe you can just copy and paste it into a new thread...something I think is important for our new folks...thanks !...As well...tell Rich I got me leather vest finally! And lemme tell you...I'm one right scary biker gang waiting to run a red light!..*LOL* cheers mates!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Englishman: I can't see anything but a big white square. I don't know why. Were you citing scriptures to compare? Please repost.

Trot

• Valis
    Valis

Trot...he posted it on the old forum format and it isn't showing anymore...I hope he can repost it for us all.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think that these were the comparisons I posted, taken from the Skeptics Annotated Bible site here:http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Selected verses from the New World Translation

Job

Verse NWT KJV
    13:16For before him no apostate will come in. For an hypocrite shall not come before him.
    27:8-9For what is the hope of an apostate in case he cuts [him] off, In case God carries off his soul from him? Will God hear an outcry of his in case distress comes upon him? For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul? Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
    36:13-14And those apostate in heart will themselves lay up anger. They should not cry for help because he has bound them. Their soul will die in youth itself, And their life among male temple prostitutes. But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them. They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean.

Psalms
    Verse NWT KJV
    35:16Among the apostate mockers for a cake there was a grinding of their teeth even against me. With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.

Proverbs
    Verse NWT KJV
    11:9By [his] mouth the one who is an apostate brings his fellowman to ruin, but by knowledge are the righteous rescued. An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Isaiah
    Verse NWT KJV
    9:17That is why Jehovah will not rejoice even over their young men, and upon their fatherless boys and upon their widows he will have no mercy; because all of them are apostates and evildoers and every moth is speaking senselessness. Therefore the LORD shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for
    every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly.
    32:6Because the senseless one himself will speak mere senselessness, and his very heart will work at what is hurtful, to work at apostasy and to speak against Jehovah.... For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD....
    33:14In Zion the sinners have come to be in dread; shivering has grabbed hold of the apostates. The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites.
    62:2And the nations will certainly see your righteousness, [O woman] and all kings your glory. And you will actually be called by a new name, which the very mouth of Jehovah will designate. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all the kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Jeremiah
    Verse NWT KJV
    17:13O Jehovah, the hope of Israel, all those who are leaving you will be put to shame. Those apostatizing from me will be written down even in the earth, because they have left the source of living water, Jehovah. O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit