Wait on....

by Farkel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis
    How many animals do you see "waiting on Jehovah" for their necessities?

I think we know one kittie that's waiting for jehovah...*L* Farks, great post as usual. Waiting on Jehovah is a lot easier than having and believing free will exists that's for sure.

Lyin...you know Jehovah's presence is all around you....now if you could just get him to clean up after himself! ...miracles indeed *L*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 28 July 2002 14:41:39

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Great post Fakel.

Lets see if I were to have waited on Jehovah every time I was told to do so I would have been;

Still living in a house with my molester and his friends until he died or married off to some MS.

Lost my home, car and all belongings. I would have been without income to support my children after my first husband left. Most likely on well-fare living off the state thirteen years ago.

Without higher education to provide for my children.

Because I did not wait on Jehovah, the sisters and brothers in the hall shunned me for working to provide for my family. This because I could not make every meeting due to work and education. I was "marked" as well because I did these things. I could not believe it when I was told a talk was given one Sunday and I was marked for trying to better myself and wrangle myself away from my home.

Not relying on Jehovah as directed, has let me with my sanity (well some of it ). An education to assure that my children have what they need. Far and away from my molesters. Because I made the decision to rely on my own resources I have become an independent woman. Albeit I lost my JW friends because I chose to think and do for myself. I made it here and out of the org.

How sad that one chooses to wait until they can no longer think for themselves and endure a lifetime of pain thinking Jehovah will suddenly drop a ton of money in their laps and take care of their financial woes. Of course Jehovah, in due time will protect the children and stop the molesters, of course he will I'm sure strike them down with lightning while in the act. NOT!!

Cassi, of the get up off your Ass and be proactive class.

• Crystal
    Crystal

I think "God" (i do not acknowledge the name Jehovah) is waiting on us.

Maybe this is his way of sifting out the good and bad.

Good point...Valis...about "free will"

• zev
    zev

From June 15th Watchtower 2000 pages 13, 16, 17 comes this "timely admonishion"....

(hurl hurl, ya ready folks? got the barf bucket in hand?)

What? Wait on Jehover? But of course! look at this:

ah yes...Jehover will fix everything, right?

He'll "bring it out", just like they said in dateline, right bill?

i rest my case.

73's

de zev

• og
    og

I know this is going to seem a little monomaniacal, but the only thing I really noticed in Farkel's post was his statement that oral sex had been "unbanned". Is this true? Does anyone have a publication and page I could look up? I, uh, have my reasons for needing to know.

thanks all

• zev
    zev

farkel:

regaurding this statement you said:

Good examples are the society's former stances on marital sex practices, alternative military service and organ transplants.

look at what this JW said on an aol discussion board:

"TS----> First of all, where is the evidence that people have died because of a changed policy within the organization of jehovah's Witnesses? The whole statement is based on bitter assumption."

and this was Gwen's response to this JW:

This person OBVIOUSLY never had a loved one DIE rather than be a Canibal "IN JEHOVAH'S EYS" before the Governing Body/ ANOINTED BY HOLY SPIRIT changed their policy on how to view ORGAN TRANSPLANTS or VACCINATIONS. Therefore, they VERY obviously don't care about hose who DIED by not sticking to the POLICY. Nothing of the sort happened in this persons family. That explains why they will stand up and remain loyal to a printing
    factory.
  • Flip
    Flip

Ive just had the priviledge of suffering a mini-Farkelization. So I think a mini ' I stand corrected ' is in order.

Also, Elsewhere a picture really is worth a thousand words, well done!

Edited by - Flip on 28 July 2002 16:15:50

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

I refuse to wait on Jehovah. He never tips well and he farts at the table....some other waiter can take a turn now!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

og,

: but the only thing I really noticed in Farkel's post was his statement that oral sex had been "unbanned".

The change in the policy is a "don't ask don't tell" stance now. Before, the elders could badger poor dubs with probing questions that were none of their freaking business, and loyal dubs were required to "confess" to having sexual practices that didn't have the Watchtower Stamp of Approval(tm)."

As a result of this sick policy, many spouses who wanted out of their marriages ran to the elders and told them that their (mostly) husbands were "making" them perform oral sex. The (mostly) husbands got DFd and the wives filed for divorce in the hopes the husband would then get some nookie elsewhere and they could be "scripturally" free to re-marry. It is impossible to know how many marriages were trashed over this policy, but I'm sure that fact caused the GB to re-think their position and change it.

Dubs can have all the oral/anal sex they want as long as neither spouse mentions it to anyone else, and because of the new WT policy can still have a "clean" conscience about doing it.

It's all bullshit.

Farkel

• somebody
    somebody

Farkel,

I don't know how WBTS followers cannot see the points you made! They all speak the REAL TRUTH!

Guess what Michal's punishment was for being a "slave-girl" who showed "sarasm"? ( her picture, portrayed by the WBTS, is shown in the portion of the article zev posted.....Thank you, zev)

Care to guess what vulpine example the WBTS used for those who do not "wait on Jehovah"/keep supporting them? anyone?

peace,

somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit