'Nice' news article from Fl

by Max Divergent 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Right on the money, Matty & Scootergirl...

"Good morning, how are you?" Mrs. Casper starts in, her face a happy smile. "I know you weren't expecting anyone. We just thought we'd brighten your day a little bit. . . ."

"Ma'am I just got home from work. I'm busy," says the woman's dry voice from the other side of the screen.

"Okay, can I just leave you a tra. . . ."

The door shuts soundly.

"I don't view that as rejection," Mrs. Casper says, her brown pumps clicking against the asphalt as she walks away. "We're calling unexpectedly." The woman probably was very tired, she figures.

Um, HELLO?!? Not a rejection? At least I never *tried* to be that annoying when I "preached"... Yeah, sounds like a great place to call again
  • Windchaser
    Windchaser

Listening to get the last word in and listening because you have fellow-feeling are two totally different things.

JWs claim to be foot-step followers of Christ. How did Jesus do it? Did he speel Bible verses and carry massive amounts of placeable literature when he was telling others about the Kingdom? And, if they really wanted to be like the first apostles (Luke 10:7), they would be more or less homeless, not bringing anything with them, staying and expecting a meal from the householder for their worthy work. This is the clincher: Jesus said, "Do not be transferring from house to house." I guess this is another example of new light.

Edited to add KJV: "Go not from house to house."

Edited by - windchaser on 28 July 2002 14:46:3

• Matty
    Matty

How about my new presentation:

We just thought we'd brighten your day a little bit by telling you that unless you comply with what we say, and take a bible study with us, using only our publications as study aids, and dedicate your life to our religion, you will imminently die at the battle of Armaggedon. God is going to kill you and your husband and all your children unless you take notice of us! Well, has that brightened your day ma'am?!

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Matty, too bad I'm not in your area...I would go out in service with ya!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Maybe us "apostates" should go doo-to-door to some jw houses and preach "our" word! Tell me the day and time and I am there!

• kat7302
    kat7302

First and foremost, Id completely forgotten about the S8's (were they called that?) and all the abbreviations we wrote down....but point taken about the C-child answered.....thats dangerous ground now isnt it. Havent S8's been stopped now tho? Im sure I heard that theyre not used anymore because people were getting funny about having information written down about them.

You hit on some good points Matty/scooter - I dont suppose we really were interested in really hearing the householder, we were just too busy looking for a way to cut back into the conversation.....didnt the reasoning book have about 73465356726785 solutions to conversation stoppers? Its a nice touch though Matty that once you started listening, you felt you were actually getting somewhere and making another person think about what you've said is far more of an achievement than 'placing' literature which doesnt get read.

• kat7302
    kat7302

hey Scooter...

just noticed your comment about us going from door to door..you may be onto something there you know. I would quite happily do it and Im willing to bet that we get a better response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit