An Introduction

by Granny Linda 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Hello.

After lurking around for some time decided to join. I've been df for 32 years...and glad for it.

I'd pretty much laid the JW stuff to rest until last year when my older sister, after years of absence from my life, made comment to me about "struggling with the truth." I took it upon myself to begin some research and have been "hooked" on these type forums since.

I've learned so much more about that filthy religion and the emotional fallout suffered by many. My history involved a great deal of mental illness and suicidal thinking. I'm glad that today I can truthfully say I'm no longer haunted by such thinking, but understand all too well the confusion and anguish many do suffer while coming to grips with that entire experience.

I believe that no matter how long one has been "out" or, how our stories differ, each have something of value to offer. Thank you for being here for me.

Granny

• Perry
    Perry

Welcome aboard Granny. Hope to hear more from you about your sister in time.

• Mac
    Mac

Thank you, for being here for us. Welcome!

• Celia
    Celia

Welcome Linda !

Aren't you glad you have been Borg free for these last 32 years ! You say your sister told you she was "struggling with the truth". what were her questions, if I may ask ?

Hope to read more from you in the future

Celia

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Hello and welcome, Granny. You have come to a really good place full of exJW stories and support. I look forward to hearing about your stories.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Welcome Granny Linda!

**will you be my grandma?**

• onacruse
    onacruse

Linda, welcome! You were df'd in 1970? Didn't the impending arrival of Armageddon in 1975 put any fear of God into you?

Craig

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"struggling with the truth" -

OH how Watchtowerspeak gags me now...

Welcome granny!

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

Welcome Granny Linda!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you have joined the forum. I will be looking foward to your posts!!

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome G...hope to hearing your full story soon.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit