Why don't people in the US, UK or Euro-Citizens know anything about Jehovah's Witness Pedophile Issues and lawsuits?

by MagicMItchJensen 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

MITCH- Good thread. We do live in a world where people minimize child abuse and people generally give religion a " get out of jail free " card and bury their heads in the sand like ostriches because if they were to face the facts and reality of it- they'd discover that too many of the " elders ", " priests ", " fathers " , " bishops " - or others holding positions of power are criminally abusing that power by the molesting of children - and to face that fact puts a crimp in religious people's world view.

So it's a matter of open minded people like us individually talking to JW's and non-JW's and spreading the word about WT Society criminal child abuse. It comes down to that. If you see JW's standing at their JW carts- go talk with them about WT child abuse. Show them the ABC News Nightline news releases or the PBS Newshour news releases , print them off the computer links. If good people stand by and do nothing- evil will prevail. Even when good people DO something evil prevails - but not as much because the public gets INFORMED and ACCESS to information is given. So it's not a total loss. It's a gain of informing people. My 2 cents in how I see this

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

mitch, was reading this article and thought of your thread and particularly the point you make about the door to door work and the danger posed to vulnerable children. this was a concern of appellate court judges too because JW pedophiles may be unsupervised in that work (as emphasized in the Conti case). Put that together with these shocking facts

In a detailed analysis of the safety of our children, the charity said the sexual abuse of children in some areas of the UK was so common it was viewed by children as a normal way of life.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jun/17/number-children-referred-social-services-highest-level-record

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jun/17/police-record-85-sexual-assaults-children-day-nspcc

shocking isn't it.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

In UK there could be serious bad press when the Charities commission finishes their investigation into JWs due to alleged mishandling of child abuse, watch this space;

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/charity-commission-investigates-jehovahs-witnesses-charities

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    yup tornintwo.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses are only a small sect in Christendom and the sexual abuse of children is generally spread out over a wide area with isolated cases here and their ,with one perpetrator and maybe 1 or 2 victims .

And don`t forget they are an insignificant religion in the minds of the general public.A small sect.only 8 million worldwide.Who only came on the scene just over 100 years ago.

Compared with the Roman Catholic Church , and I use them only as an illustration , they are not a small sect , they are a major religion with over a billion adherents that have been around for almost 2000 years , so they capture the attention of the general public.

Anybody who thinks this is a modern phenomenon is naive ,its been going on for centuries , that is why so many of the Catholic clergy have been accused of abusing so many victims in their care in so many places around the world.

The modern day phenomenon of communication ,internet, u-tube, twitter ,Skype , etc.etc., is the reason this evil has become so public .

And the bigger fish are the ones the media of today go after and not the small fry.

Hence , Organizations like the Catholic Church and other mainstream institutions are the prime targets , while insignificant organizations like Jehovah`s Witnesses fly under the radar.

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Just a teeny tiny correction smiddy (apart from that, I totally endorse your response):

The Watchtower Society has been a legally incorporated organization since the mid- 1870's - so it had been around well over 100 years - closer to 140 years, in fact.

I note the organization's own more recent accounts of its history frequently gloss over its actual age by stating that for "about" 100 years it has been proclaiming God's kingdom etc.

Yes, if I were them, I'd also try to bury the actual number of years they've been preaching the end is near.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The WTS are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Point taken steve2 ,

As you point out " if I were them I`d also try to bury the actual number of years they`ve been preaching the end is near , closer to 140 years."

And as you have rightly noted ,the organization glosses over it`s actual age ,it more importantly glosses over it`s early history misrepresenting what was actually stated in those early publications and giving the impression that what they said is what they believe today , which is totally false.

One needs to compare the modern day history accounts of Jehovah`s Witnesses with what was actually printed in their own publications at the time of printing., original publications.All available on-line

Any lurkers need to go to their K.H.library and check out these older publications , and read them , if they are not their , then why not ? What do they have to hide ?

What organization is ashamed / embarrassed of it`s early history ? None that I know of except J.W.`s

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit