Example of how WTS fails to protect the children

by Had Enough 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

This article in the Los Angeles Times today, has been bothering me all day. This sweet little 5 year old girl was abducted, brutally raped and killed and now they have arrested a suspect who was just recently acquitted of charges of molestation of 2 other little girls.

The reasons for which he was acquitted are so flimsy and facts that were not allowed to be presented, could possibly have turned the tables on him.

NOW they are asking this question: "Did the System Fail to Protect Samantha?"

Read this and ask yourselves, especially you JWs reading this:

"How many little children were abused because the WTS System failed to protect them?"

"How many more children could have been saved from the horrific sexual abuse they endured, if a child's accusations were handled right and her/his molester had been turned in to the authorities (like the WTS 'CLAIMS' it does) so that he couldn't molest others?"

"How many people here would have been spared the years of agony suffering from the effects of not seeing justice done and being further humiliated by not being believed or helped?"

(I hope the link works!!)

Blaming the WTS policy does not lighten the responsibilty the molester has of this crime. He is still to blame for it, but still we too have to ask: Hasn't the WTS system (policies) failed to protect the children? They can claim they have strong policies in place all they want....the truth is in the numbers of those who have been further abused by the WTS policies of "keep the name of the organization clean at all costs"

Had Enough

• gumby
    gumby

The next time a cop pulls you over and tries giving you a ticket....tell him according to the bible he needs two or more witnesses to implicate you and see how he deals with it.

This is about how much sense the societys policies make on this issue. I think the next change of any policy within the borg....will be in the child abuse catagory

• Had Enough
    Had Enough
    I think the next change of any policy within the borg....will be in the child abuse catagory

gumby....for the sake of the children still locked in there...I hope so. But this is only one policy that needs changing. A complete restructuring to lose their control over every aspect of a JWs thinking is in dire need and I hope to see it for those who want to belong to a religion.

My faith in the WTS ever being an inviting place of comfort again, is long gone for me personally.

Had Enough

• Scully
    Scully

In my humble opinion, the ONLY thing that will bring the WTS and the GB to their knees to so radically change policy with the effect of bringing paedophiles to justice and protecting and advocating for victims of child sexual abuse is when it starts to COST THEM LOTS OF MONEY.

They'll sit up and take notice when, like in France, their charitable status gets revoked and they have to start paying big bucks in taxes (and possibly back taxes) on all their property and donations.

They'll sit up and take notice when, like the Catholic Church, they start having to pay out huge settlements to victims.

Money is the only "god" they love and worship more than Jehovah. And it's going to suck to be them when they discover the truth of the words at 1 Timothy 6:10 - "For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains."

Love, Scully

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

I agree Scully...It seems MONEY is the only thing they understand.

The WTSs actions prove that they hear only "cha-ching" over all the crying, moaning and pleading of those who are trying to get help, justice or relief from their burdens.

And how many times have we had 1Tim 6:10 thrown in OUR faces at assemblies and the meetings while they sit back amassing their $$$$. But like you, I'm looking forward to seeing them have to "sit up and take notice".

Had Enough

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Had Enough,

Thanks for the thoughtful post. There's certainly a number of weighty matters around now, isn't there?

Mrs Ozzie is still raging over the news about the new "worship" book which was posted last night (our time).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33171&site=3

She's mighty indignant with the WTS right now, especially since these same duplicitous ones have ensnared our children!

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 28 July 2002 2:41:4

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Duplicate post deleted. I stuttered!!! Sorry. Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 28 July 2002 2:42:24

• ISP
    ISP

The idea of two witnesses in criminal cases is a joke. If you were to float the idea in legal circles....you would get laughed down. The defense lawyers would have a field day. People would get away with murder, literally, The WTS insist on two witnesses....but there again what do expect from an Org....trying to protect its public face.

ISP

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL Gumby on the cop scenario! Right on!

And 1 Tim. 6:10 --- yeah, what a great reminder for the GB!

Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit