'Harboring a criminal'

by Dia 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dia
    Dia

What about it? Do they not meet the definition?

It is a crime in itself. What is the punishment?

How much responsibility then falls to the individual JWs for supporting them and covering up for them in this activity?

• searcher
    searcher

Dia.

Here in the UK it is a criminal offence to have knowledge of a crime and not report it to the authorities.

I believe it is called 'Conspiring to Pervert the Course of Justice' but you would have to check with the legal people on the exact definition.

searcher.

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Dia,

I take it you're refuring to the child molesting cases?

Yes I do think if they knowingly have a child molester in their
    congr. and they don't go to the police to report that person
    then that molester attacks another child, they the elders and the
    WTS itself should be held liable.

Same thing goes for the individual JW.
    Because they could have prevented it from happening again.

Not only held liable in the courts eyes, but also in Gos eyes.

neyank

• Dia
    Dia

The word from the local police is that if a person knows of a crime and fails to report it, they legally become an 'accessory' to the crime.

This applies to everyone and it applies EVERYWHERE in the United States.

• Dia
    Dia

Search 'criminal accessory' and 'obstruction of Justice'.

See also, the 'National Center for the Prosecution of Child Abuse'.

• abbagail
    abbagail
    The word from the local police is that if a person knows of a crime and fails to report it, they legally becomean 'accessory' to the crime. This applies to everyone and it appliesEVERYWHERE in the United States.

They should print that in BOLD in a Watchtower Issue and then STUDY IT at the meeting! If every JW KNEW, or had it pounded into their head, that it is ILLEGAL to know about it and NOT report it, I'm sure the whole org would be a safer place, at least as far as child abuse is concerned.

Can you imagine? If SIX MILLION JWs turned "on" their LASER-BEAM EYES as of right now and kept on the lookout, reporting not only PAST knowledge but FUTURE knowledge of abuse, the whole org would be turned upside down by tomorrow.

But I bet most JWs are so foggy-brained about it, they do NOT even realize this.

They ALL NEED TO KNOW (and I mean KNOW) THIS INFO!!! Thanks Dia for checking with the local PD!

Hey, a new dub slogan should be: "CALL YOUR P.D. NOT YOUR P.O.! STOP CHILD ABUSE NOW!"

Grits

• Dia
    Dia

Glad you're liking it. Me, too.

FYI, someone is also an accessory if they lead someone to believe that they CAN commit a crime and not have to pay for it.

I would have to say that all this talk from the higher-ups about 'needing two witnesses' is pretty f'n misleading. Especially when they tell them that they would 'have to' be considered innocent without that requisite.

I'm thinking there must be a way to communicate to the rank and file that THEY could be held responsible for what someone else does, if they know about it and keep it quiet.

Perhaps when they call at our doors, we could simply ask them for their names and what congregation they're with. To write them down. So that JUST IN CASE a case arises, they could more easily be located to give any testimony that they might have.

• searcher
    searcher
    "CALL YOUR P.D. NOT YOUR P.O.! STOP CHILD ABUSE NOW!"

Bumper Sticker's anyone?

searcher.

• rocky220
    rocky220

I know it might sound like a dumb question, but,

does anybody know if the authorities are the least bit curious about the branch [in Patterson] with

the database containing child abuse cases unreported to the police and the implications of

harboring these monsters?!!

• Lieu
    Lieu

I would say, yes indeed. You have to remember that NYC is an extremely political place. Now think about the WBTS being able in NYC to "aquire" the amount of landholdings it has.....and in Brooklyn to boot.

This requires the say so of high level politicians, housing inspectors, zone inspectors, city solicitor personnel, the DA, and I won't mention the Union bosses who keep their personnel from complaining about the loss of a building contract...etc. Then add in the Gov. of NY state and the Gov. of Pennsylvania and their cronies.

Shall I continue? ... What does this say to you about the WBTS? What would a few detectives be up against?

Edited to include items.

Edited by - Lieu on 30 July 2002 13:53:10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit