Email from a Witness about the site

by Simon 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Would just like to say that i have spent hours reading material on this web site. Just would like to also say that i am still one of Jehovah's Witnesses. If Jehovah's Witnesses are truly distructive and to familys as well then i would like to know please, how on earth is the association of brothers going to stay together, if it is really destructive? Jesus said that a kingdom divided against itself would not stand, and the association of brothers worlwide is growing. Jehovahs Witnesses are on eof the fastest growing christian faiths in the world today.

Also as a free person i can decide for myself according to my conscience, what i want to do, as long as i am not stepping on the personal freedom of others. Would also like to says that since becoming a JW, the bible has helped me to understand that one has to take responsibilty for ones actions, this is naturally inherent within us all, but my study of the bible has improved and refined this understanding, and the ramifications of such.

As brother russel said show us a better way to live and we want to be the first to know about it.

And why are you not putting up on your site the millions of stories about those that are living happy lives within the association of brothers worldwide.

What really are your true motives, is it to exploit those that have been hurt and sell books and videos.

I also truly beleive that those who have left, Jehovah will not abondon such ones, as God Jehovah is a God of love, God is love, and the judge of our hearts.

I also beleive that many who are not witnesses will be saved as God is able to judge and red the heart condition.

Also are we not supposed to worship anywhere that may to you seem to be run by means of structure.

To me bricks and mortar of of no value, as one can worship God wherever he is at any time, even just walking down the street.

And also i have a TV, PC, and CABLE MODEM PLAY GAMES ON THE NET. COUNTERSTRIKE ECT. ITS JUST A GAME. DRINK BEER WATCH VIDEOS, LISTEN TO PINK FLOYD THE WHO ECT.... And am still acceptable to my brothers and sisters, and still carrie out christian resposibilities within the congregation, and no one complains about it.

It saddens me to se the sort of stuff that you write about Jehovah's Witnesses and angers me as well.

There are people in this world with more seroius problems to worry about that going to the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Oh and i bet you dont put this up on your web site, LOL.

What a nd Why are your motives for this meciless attack on the association of brothers, amking us all out to be some sort of weirdos, LOL.

One chap i know who knows me from being a child sais that the one thing he liked about me, is that i dont have a holier that thou attitude, and altough i have a religious belief system, that i have retained my own personality, as before. I have not been transformed into some shady grinning self righteous sneak.

There are loads of brothers and sisters who are truly happy as witnesses, my kids are'nt yet witnesses but imgoing to wait until they get old enough to make that desicion for themselfs, after they leave school, we shall teach them christinas principles, but if they then choose to go there own way , so be it, i certainly wont shun my kids and i would not allow others to treat them as bad people, if they choose to go there own way in life when they grow up.

I feel saddened that you are exploiting the bad experiences that brothers and sisters have had, and then gone on to try and explain it by means of some fancy dark sinister arguments.LOL. SPOOKY HEHEHE.

(Email address removed)

Edited by - Simon on 27 July 2002 7:37:52

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

The *Dark Sinister Arguments* sentence is amusing. I would say, personally, reasoning without constraint.

The spelling and grammar is dreadful throughout. I do have problems with spelling on occasion, it is wise to use a dictionary or spell checker.

Some members of this board do go over the top with their harsh remakes towards the WTS, but if you study threads and learn to ignore certain posters, you will find a glimmer of truth within. A truth that the society does not allow.

• Mary
    Mary

".....Jesus said that a kingdom divided against itself would not stand, and the association of brothers worlwide is growing. Jehovahs Witnesses are one of the fastest growing christian faiths in the world today...."

Not sure where you're getting your info from, but the growth of Jehovah's Witnesses is NOT one of the fastest growing faiths in the world....try looking at the Societys stats each year: the only place where there's any growth is in third-world countries where these people have no idea of the problems going on in the organization.......hundreds of thousands are baptized each year, but in developed countries, these are merely the children of Witnesses getting baptized - not too many are converting these days, because everyone is finding out exactly what kind of hypocrites there are running the show.

And I also find it interesting that you say "Jehovahs Witnesses are one of the fastest growing christian faiths in the world today...." ONE of the fastest?? Gee, I guess that means that Jehovah is blessing other organizations too then if they're also seeing a growth.....

Give me a break........yes, there are many 'happy' Witnesses.....I was once a happy Witness too. The only way to stay a 'happy Witness' is to bury your head in the sand and pretend that all the problems going on are just 'disgruntled ex-Witnesses' or 'apostates'......

• Simon
    Simon
    Would just like to say that i have spent hours reading material on this web site. Just would like to also say that i am still one of Jehovah's Witnesses. If Jehovah's Witnesses are truly distructive and to familys as well then i would like to know please, how on earth is the association of brothers going to stay together, if it is really destructive? Jesus said that a kingdom divided against itself would not stand, and the association of brothers worlwide is growing. Jehovahs Witnesses are on eof the fastest growing christian faiths in the world today.

Well, maybe it isn't? They have only been going about 100 years ... 'flash in the pan' in historical terms and are a phenomenon of our age along with many other new age religions and cults

Also as a free person i can decide for myself according to my conscience, what i want to do, as long as i am not stepping on the personal freedom of others. Would also like to says that since becoming a JW, the bible has helped me to understand that one has to take responsibilty for ones actions, this is naturally inherent within us all, but my study of the bible has improved and refined this understanding, and the ramifications of such.

This is a lie. You have to follow rules of the WTS which go beyond what is in the bible. You are not free to follow your conscience except where it coincides with what they want you to do.

As brother russel said show us a better way to live and we want to be the first to know about it.

We're showing you. Just live a normal happy life and be good neighbours. Go read the 'good samaritan' - he wasn't the same religion.

And why are you not putting up on your site the millions of stories about those that are living happy lives within the association of brothers worldwide.

Why doesn't the WTS print stories in the WatchTower about the billions of happy people who are non JWs?

What really are your true motives, is it to exploit those that have been hurt and sell books and videos.

No, I sell very few books and only make about $10 a month which slightly offsets the $199 a month costs. The reason for the site is to help others like ourselves who have suffered because of the WTS and to allow people to discuss things and ask questions which are not allowed within the WTS.

I also truly beleive that those who have left, Jehovah will not abondon such ones, as God Jehovah is a God of love, God is love, and the judge of our hearts.

Super

I also beleive that many who are not witnesses will be saved as God is able to judge and red the heart condition.

Not quite in-line with what the WTS teaches but nice sentiments. This is the 'public face' of JWs where-as the truth is the WTS teaches that all NON-JWs will be destroyed, even babies and children and people in countries that have never heard the 'message'.

Also are we not supposed to worship anywhere that may to you seem to be run by means of structure.

Then GET OUT !

To me bricks and mortar of of no value, as one can worship God wherever he is at any time, even just walking down the street.

Research Mexico - the WTS prefered to forgoe prayers and songs and register as a cultural organisation so they could own property there. They obviously value bricks and mortar more than worship to their god.

And also i have a TV, PC, and CABLE MODEM PLAY GAMES ON THE NET. COUNTERSTRIKE ECT. ITS JUST A GAME. DRINK BEER WATCH VIDEOS, LISTEN TO PINK FLOYD THE WHO ECT.... And am still acceptable to my brothers and sisters, and still carrie out christian resposibilities within the congregation, and no one complains about it.

Throw in some Led Zep and your path to the Dark Side will be complete (in 'Evil Emperor' voice)

It saddens me to se the sort of stuff that you write about Jehovah's Witnesses and angers me as well.

Me too. It should not be allowed to happen - all those innocent victims.

There are people in this world with more seroius problems to worry about that going to the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses.

True. We deal with what we know and what motivates us. I was a JW for 30 years. Other people deal with other religions and 'wrongs'

Oh and i bet you dont put this up on your web site, LOL.

I love a challenge

What a nd Why are your motives for this meciless attack on the association of brothers, amking us all out to be some sort of weirdos, LOL.

No, I don't think all JWs are wierdos. Some are though. The WTS makes people do wierd things (not turn in child molesters, allow they children to die)

One chap i know who knows me from being a child sais that the one thing he liked about me, is that i dont have a holier that thou attitude, and altough i have a religious belief system, that i have retained my own personality, as before. I have not been transformed into some shady grinning self righteous sneak.

Good, the force is strong in you ... join us

There are loads of brothers and sisters who are truly happy as witnesses, my kids are'nt yet witnesses but imgoing to wait until they get old enough to make that desicion for themselfs, after they leave school, we shall teach them christinas principles, but if they then choose to go there own way , so be it, i certainly wont shun my kids and i would not allow others to treat them as bad people, if they choose to go there own way in life when they grow up.

I am happy that many haven't suffered. There are many more happy catholics, muslims, scientologists, hindus, budhists, protestants, and atheists so this does not prove anything. I hope you never have to see your familly broken apart by the WTS as many others have as it is a terrible thing. If they became witnesses and were DF'd and you did not shun them you would soon find yourself being shunned yourself and your rosy view of the society may change - until you have been through it you don't know what it's like and I pray you never will

I feel saddened that you are exploiting the bad experiences that brothers and sisters have had, and then gone on to try and explain it by means of some fancy dark sinister arguments.LOL. SPOOKY HEHEHE.

I am not exploting anyone - like most people here I am trying to help in some small way. I certainly don't use any fancy, dark, sinister arguments (but am always on the lookout for some to try)

What do I get from running this site? (apart from a hole in my bank account)

• I get some help and support for the things we have been through from people who understand
    • I feel good because I am doing something positive to try and help olthers instead of just getting angry
    • I make and meet new friends

• Celia
    Celia

And why are you not putting up on your site the millions of stories about those that are living happy lives within the association of brothers worldwide

Where are those happy millions of JWs ? Why don't they send us their happy life stories so we can judge by ourselves how happy they really are?

Strange reasonning....... does it mean that the millions of people who have left the Watch Tower sect are liars ? What if these millions of people who have left for so many different reasons, are now happier than they ever were as JWs ?

• Gopher
    Gopher

WhiteHawk makes several claims to being open-minded, which if true, are commendable and yet are not standard JW behavior.

1. Doesn't have a "holier than thou" attitude
    2. Has retained own personality
    3. Has not been transformed into some shady grinning self righteous sneak
    4. Will wait until his children get old enough to make that desicion for themselves, after they leave school (wow! how many JW kids are getting baptized at ages like 9 and 10 these days)
    5. Would not shun his own children if they choose to be non-Jw's upon reaching adulthood
    6. Would not allow others to treat them as bad people in that case.

Again, WhiteHawk if the above items are true of you, very good for you! However, do you realize that these statements about yourself are NOT what many of us on the board have personally experienced? Do you know what it's like to be open to criticism if you're still unbaptized at age 14, or 15, while your peers in the JW religion did get baptized as children? Do you know what it feels like to be shunned by your own parents, and even have your own children shunned by their JW grandparents for absolutely no good reason?

If you want to determine (by reading both sides of an issue) whether the WT Society is really spirit-directed, or if it's merely another man-made religion that makes up their doctrines and policies as they go; please read "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Also as a free person i can decide for myself according to my conscience, what i want to do, as long as i am not stepping on the personal freedom of others.

Yeah right, try taking a blood transfusion and see how far you get with that.

The site is open to everyone, including active witnesses. Perhaps the reason why there are not "millions of stories about those living happy lives within the association of brothers worldwide" is because there are NOT a million stories out there??

What really are your true motives, is it to exploit those that have been hurt and sell books and videos

Oh yeah, I feel really expoloited by voluntarily joining and posting on this board

As for the books and videos, maybe this guy should look into things, rather than take things at face value.

also truly beleive that those who have left, Jehovah will not abondon such ones, as God Jehovah is a God of love, God is love, and the judge of our hearts.

At least he's got one thing right.

And also i have a TV, PC, and CABLE MODEM PLAY GAMES ON THE NET. COUNTERSTRIKE ECT. ITS JUST A GAME. DRINK BEER WATCH VIDEOS, LISTEN TO PINK FLOYD THE WHO ECT....

my kids are'nt yet witnesses but imgoing to wait until they get old enough to make that desicion for themselfs, after they leave school, we shall teach them christinas principles, but if they then choose to go there own way , so be it, i certainly wont shun my kids and i would not allow others to treat them as bad people

This guy is on his way out..... or at least, he's not really "in" as far as die-hard JWs are concerned.

Oh and i bet you dont put this up on your web site, LOL

Haha, this guy doesn't know Simon too well, does he?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

This JW sounds a lot like me, a few months before I DA'd. I was what many considered unshakable in my JW oriented faith. Looking back, I believe I defended them so strongly simply trying to convince myself they were right, when deep inside, I knew they weren't

Would also like to says that since becoming a JW, the bible has helped me to understand that one has to take responsibilty for ones actions, this is naturally inherent within us all, but my study of the bible has improved and refined this understanding, and the ramifications of such.

I assume he meant that studying and reading the Bible with the JWs taught him this. It is an admirable quality to stand up and accept responsibility for your actions. However, can you really trust one who teaches you to accept responsibility for your actions, when they themselves shirk their responsibility to molestation victims and instead of correcting ill suited doctrines, disfellowship those very ones seeking to protect the victims?

Can you trust an organization that is responsible for an untold number of deaths of fellow humans by enforcing a policy of refusal of blood, who then changes this policy to include certain parts of blood? Where did they accept responsibility for that?

I taught my daughters mostly by example. It is difficult to teach one one way while you are doing the opposite. But, such is the outcome of brainwashing.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• joelbear
    joelbear

This witness makes some good points and even made me a bit sentimental about being a witness. Then I saw You Know's new doom column and remembered again why I am not a witness.

Living under the constant doom scenario is harmful to your mental health and JW's need all the help they can get to keep themselves together under this scenario.

And those politics, don't forget those politics. If I had never gone to Bethel, I might still be a witness myself. But keeping your faith after seeing the politics of how the organization is run is very difficult.

Joel

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The fact is, this guy is talking about his situation only. Many halls are much stricter than his, and can even make a true blue JWs life a living hell.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit