JW or Satan???

by 67mustang 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

mustang....just curious, are you thinking of disassociating formally or by the slow fade? Regarding why JW's can't understand some basic things about "worldly people" , it's because all worldly people are going to die anyway , so they feel..

• Carmel
    Carmel

Joanna,

Only difference is you're a sweet lookin chick.. now 67,,,maaaybee!

• 67mustang
    67mustang

I was going to formally disassociate, but have been reconsidering and maybe the slow fade is best.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

67--I gotta say, the slow fade worked for me...

I feel kind of like a chicken now, when I read all the stories of people who went out with a bang, but honestly the slow fade was right for my situation. I do feel sort of bad about it because it makes my parents hope that someday I will snap out of it and come back to my senses. Hope is not always such a bad thing.

If it is at all possible for you to do so, I would do the fade away. Sometimes it doesn't work that way--but it is usually the least painful, and keeps communication open.

If ya ever wanna talk, my e-mail is open to you...

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

I just went through the same thing very recently when one of my JW brothers unexpectedly called me (there's an understatement); after a few social niceties, it was down to "where do you stand?"

Like you, mustang, I tried to explain that I had my own relationship with God these days, that he'd helped bring about some MAJOR positive changes in my life, and that I was just in the business of living my life and being the best person I could; of course, as you said, for JWs, that isn't enough, and no spiritual life or relationship with a perceived Higher Power that isn't within the walls of the WT has any validity at all as far as they're concerned.

I also identified with being considered an atheist just because I don't follow JW dogma - my brother seems to believe that non-JW = evolutionist - a bizarre leap of logic if ever there was...

The whole thing stinks - not much else I can say...

"They never told me what was the truth - just a young man losing his youth..." - 'Bear Cage', The Stranglers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit