So, who is the Society's STOOGE here?

by Focus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

So, who is the Society's STOOGE here?
    -------------------------------------

It goes without saying that the Society uses Stooges (i.e. Plants) on the web. After all, it is the Watchtower who coined the phrase Theocratic War Strategy. Deceiving the wolfish foe is rewarded richly by Jehovah, quoth the Watchtower! Confusing the vomit-eating dogs, distracting them from disseminating material damaging to the Watchtower, engaging their time in other pursuits etc. are all appropriate activities for a "spiritually-strong" brother with special dispensation.

So, who is/are the anonymous Plant(s) on h2O, j-w.com and the like?

Surely not someone who comes across as a rabid JW. They are too easy to shoot down, and it is counterproductive to have crazy WT views defended in the open (which is a far cry from the privacy of the study's home, where all sorts of outrageous and false claims can be made - and are made - by the JW without being challenged). The real powers at Bethel know exactly how insane their teachings can be easily made to sound by someone who truly understands the Watchtower (many of us).

Far wiser then for the well-educated Plant to readily concede the kookier aspects of the Watchtower's setup, make generally soothing sounds, pretend he is largely on your side, that things are improving slowly ("don't run ahead of Jehovah" won't be said, but that is what it'll be), that reform takes time and patience, to assure you that you shouldn't attack so strongly ("I'll help you tone it down", it reads more convincing that way) because it'll be counterproductive and produce a conservative backlash. And so on.

Now the question of why the Plant remains in the WT (a natural question, given that he must perforce gently repudiate many a Watchtower teaching). Of course he'll say (he must say!) that it is because he can use his contacts to do good there while he is still "inside her" - but this still leaves him an out-and-out, two-faced hypocrite unless he has a defense. Now, the complete defense would be that he has family in the borg and wants to escape shunning - but he mustn't concede the true impact of this shameful Watchtower policy (it is too damaging!) so he has a dent.

One instinctively knows that where there is a whore, not far is a pimp. Spiritually speaking, that is!

Given all these constraints, F iend does a pretty good job for his Mistress The Great Whore, doesn't he?

--
    Focus
    (Recognizing the True Spiritual-Fornicators Class)

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Focus,

"plants' can be identified by their unabashed apologia...
    A plant is a good lesson in treachery!,and is a betrayal to those of us who see through the avalanche of words,and to those they profess to care about.....they are simply good feld-graus...quislings,collaborators,,,,,,to the ones they don't fool,they unwittingly stimulate resistance......JMHO,Tina

• logical
    logical

I thought plants grew in gardens and little pots on the window sill

• LDH
    LDH

NYUK NYUK NYUK......

LOL,
    Lisa

• Seven
    Seven

• Seven
    Seven

Focus, A belated welcome to the board. I have enjoyed reading your most informative posts.

seven

• Focus
    Focus

Tina:
    Yes - and we need the Norwegians here to deal with the Quisling Class. Now, where did I see one?

SevenofNine:

A belated welcome to the board. I have enjoyed reading your most informative posts.

I am what the F iend class call "very BAD ASSOCIATION", so please hold yourself in cheek.

For more Spiritually-Uplifting material from the stooge, see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=3294&site=3

--
    Focus
    (PB:"What do you call an UNPAID PIMP?". Class)

• ICHING
    ICHING

I found this Friend gem in the archives - his response when asked why he likes being a member of the JW's.

"They have a very strong drive to reach people with the Bible. I like that, and I enjoy having company that sticks with me as I too continue to reach as many people with the Bible as possible."

ICHING

Edited by - iching on 14 March 2001 13:0:0

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

Focus,

I could care less if there are stooges on Jehovah Witness.com or any other web forum dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses.

I have never said anything to either parties that I need to look over my shoulder.

But thanks for a well thought out post.

DA

P.S. SevenofNine, that was a good post. How did you do that?

Edited by - DevilsAdvocate_DA on 14 March 2001 14:44:27

• Seven
    Seven

DA, Welcome to the board. To add a graphic within your message enter the URL of the image following the example given in the "Use Forum Code in your message" click(below message box)when you reply to a topic. The http:// part is required.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit