women, god and religion

by teejay 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Teejay, Dont go! We were just starting to get along.

4Skins, That is very interesting. I cant wait to hear more about you.

• teejay
    teejay

Sorry, y'all for saying that I was about to leave. When I started this thread the other night I was battling serious bouts of depression; missing my dad .... among other things. I'll be around. Hey! You can't ever leave home.

p.s. Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Heaven?!! We've got along from the *start*!

• LDH
    LDH

My hubby is one of the smartest people I know.

Therefore, it follows that I felt he should be able to "read my mind" aka "know what I need."

BULLSHIT.

I have now abandoned that method of communicating as it lead to him being pissed off because -----*surprise* he didn't understand me, and me being pissed off because he didn't give me what I *needed* or *wanted.*

Now, I am VERY direct at telling him, "I need you to do this, that, the other" and it works great.

Men are NOT mind-readers and should not be treated as such. Women are much better at picking up on on-verbal clues that women are. Ladies, if you are frustrated with your man, try TELLING him what you need. If he loves you, he will try his damnedest to deliver.

Francois, I agree with you about the NOW crappola. However, 20 years ago their radical message of "equal pay for equal work" was thought of as prePOSterous. So perhaps there is a method to their madness. Maybe they take an extreme stance knowing they will have to modify it while negotiating with the patriarchal lawmakers that still run this country.

Lisa

PS... 4skins, have you met Mike Musto? (snicker snicker)

Lisa

• Solace
    Solace

Teejay,

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

apostle teejay

not only does the genesis account support your logic

have you read 1 Cor. 11: 8, 9?

Paul says that "man was not made for the sake of woman, but woman for the sake of man"!

The conclusion he drew from this, in vs 10, is different from yours
    he says...according to the dubs..."so women shalt weareth dishcloths on their head to pray"

but heck, interpretations are free, no?

As for what women want...
    Well if the bible is true....Gen 3:16 says to the woman "your craving will be for your husband and he will dominate/rule you".

No wait that happens all over the world and practically proooves the bible right in and of itself!

SPAZ (of the tongue in cheek klass)

Edited by - SPAZnik on 1 August 2002 10:13:31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit