Britain's best views

by expatbrit 9 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

These 5 views were voted the best in Britain by readers of Country Life magazine.

It's stuff like this that makes me homesick.

Expatbrit

Critic Jonathan Meades described it as 'quintessentially and typically English'. Salisbury Cathedral

Gardener Roy Lancaster said: 'It captures perfectly all the elements of the British landscape.' Buttermere, Lake District

Joanna Trollope said: 'Chesil Bank has a primitive yet elegant quality.' Chesil Bank, Dorset

Jeremy Paxman's mother-in-law lived nearby. Three Cliffs Bay, Swansea

'Something to be cherished in this troubled world,' said explorer Colonel John Blashford-Snell. Derwentwater, Lake District

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Those views are beautiful! Those are some of the reasons I would like to visit England someday.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ex-pat,

Well here's a pic of my favourite paddle steamer moored by the Tower of London:

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Cease and desist you old sods, I now have a myriad of visions of the gentle meadows of Hertfordshire distracting me from my work...lol

HS

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Heres the adress of a website whose picture galleries give some views of Somerset,very close to Weston-super-mare.

http://www.glastonbury.co.uk

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

This makes me want to get on an airplane and hop over . Absolutly beautiful.

• Englishman
  • frogit
    frogit

Don't forget Puffsrule that one pic is in Wales not England! guess which one tho?

Love frogit

• Francois
    Francois

Hey Puffs, when you get ready to go, let me know and we'll get a whole group up. Have you read all of James Heriott's books, you know; All Creatures Great and Small, etc? Best reading I've ever done in my life.

francois

• invisible
    invisible

http://www.cornishlight.freeserve.co.uk

Beautiful pictures of my home County of Celtic Cornwall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit