My beard is a bait!

by caballoSentado 12 Replies latest jw friends

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

I have grown a beard, It is a bait waiting for an elder to bite...
    Maybe someone will bite during the coming assembly?. I would like them to sweat finding a scripture to support their view about not growing beards.

Caballo Sentado

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Oh, they will bite. They cannot resist a thick piece of hair...especially on the face! ; )

• Francois
    Francois

Hey, that was my technique, although I didn't know it when I started growing it. If you need some tips on dealing with elders on the beard issue gimme a post, my email's open. I can relive my great experiences through you. What fun.

francois

• Valis
    Valis

I thought this was about attracting wild animals w/the leftover food that always gets stuck in a beard..*L* caballo...don't forget to have a picture of Russell when they come calling with the loving counsel bullshit.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• one
    one

"finding a scripture to support their view about not growing beards."

They wont find any, BUT they dont need any... to do what they think is "appropiate".

Be sure as to what you are trying to accomplish. You may as well be wasting your time trying to reason with them, rocks can't think...

Do as you please dont open your mouth and let them boil.

• Xander
    Xander

See, our halls were never too anal about facial hair. Well, beards and moustaches, that is. In fact, almost ALL the M.S. had moustaches.

Now, goatees OTOH, that was RIGHT OUT. It looked 'Satanic' and 'worldy' since that is frequently how alt-rockers grow it in.

<-- That, uh, has NOTHING to do with me.

<-- Never entered my mind. Nope. Not at all...

(In any case, this reminds me....do you recall the parts the COs and DOs gave regarding WHY 'alternative' music is bad? Someone should reply to this, I gotta know if anyone else remembers....trust me, if you never heard it before, you'd NEVER guess....)

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

A nicely groomed beard is a wonderful thing......Tell them to go pound sand......!!!!!!......CC

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

lol, if they give you any nonsense, tell them a beard makes for BETTER ORAL SEX! Tell them your woman (if you have one0 likes it, & start reading scriptures back at them about how you are supposed to be a good mate.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Caballo-

You are walking in the very same path that I treaded roughly 2 years ago.

While questioning the Society's doctrine and in noticing how they apply SOME biblical principles (usually only what is in the organization's selfish interest) and avoid others, then apply some rules and guidelines that have no scriptural backing whatsoever, this topic became personal to me.

Who are they to tell me if I am to have a beard or goatee or not? Where is there scriptural rules dictating if it is or is not appropriate? In fact, in all Watchtower literature Jesus and the Apostles are illustrated with full beards. Now they will reason that that was acceptable in their day, but how judgmental is it to say that facial hair is unbecoming of a Christian? Ludicrous.

The elder I questioned on this matter just droned the same tired shit that we need to show humility and be obedient to the organization and the rules the FDS has lined out. When I showed him the scripture (I forgot which one now) that stated a man should not shave his beard, he said that was the old Mosaic law and not to be applied. HOGWASH! They apply other ideals taken from the Mosaic Law!

FUCK the JW's. it is all about CONTROL.

Their doctrine and practices are a an ongoing contradiction.

• voltaire
    voltaire

Caballo,

If your beard gets a bite and it's from a girl, I'd say reel her in and start to filet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit