hi am new

by tiffani 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• tiffani
    tiffani

hi my name is tanya and hi just found out about this forum. i think it's great to have a site where witnesses could meet new brothers and new sisters all over the world. well as for me i believe that Jehovah God should be the first priority in once life. i would love to hear field service experiences from any one thats interested. feel free to drop me a line any time. hope to meet new friends

Edited by - tiffani on 13 March 2001 13:10:39

• larc
    larc

Tiffani,

I am sorry to inform you that many here are xJWs and you may find some of the threads to be offensive. You certainly can stay and visit and we will be nice to you. It you want to visit with Witnesses only you should go to Witnesses Online.

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Tiffani
    I'm sure you'll meet lots of nice friendly people here but we do tend to discuss quite a range of topics including whether the techings of the WTS are correct so I would hate for us to offend you.
    I do hope you'll stay though (sounded like we wanted to get rid of you !)

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Tiffani,

Nice to meet you. I am a jw in good standing, been inactive for some months. This is a nice place like any other forum. Some good days, some bad.

However, there's always information about our chosen religion - and some good jokes along the way.

Stay around and chat for a while? Good.

waiting

• jelly
    jelly

Hello Tif,
    I lurked for some time before I posted I can tell you that if you want interesting conversation with people who for the most part seem nice this is the place to be. But as Simon pointed out some of the topics might not be to your taste, but you will also find that some of the topics might be entertaining and do not strain your conscious (sp?).
    Jelly

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome Tanya and Jelly,
    Tanya, the above posters have let you know what this site is all about. Hope you stick around anyway.
    Jelly, better late than never. There have been so many new posters I have missed some.
    TW

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi Tanya,

I'm the old woman's (waiting) alter-ego. She's always wanted to be a man but alas, fate has dealt her a lousy hand. She tries though, give her that much credit.

Just so you know, I'm a died-in-the-wool super-apostate, change my beliefs 900 times and tomorrow may be 901. I'm harmless though cause I couldn't give a hoot what you believe and I'll never try to "stumble" ya. I spend most of my time defending myself from the onslaught of the redheaded Godiva and 4-eyes chasing me with their verbal abusive tongues.

Hope you enjoy the place. It's a tad friendlier than H20 but as time goes on and that herd migrates over here we may have to move to higher ground!

cheers from the cave, carmel

• mac-11
    mac-11

if you are new i pity you these people dont care about you i have studied with jw before and i will never do it again only god will judge me no one else

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Tanya,
    I hope that you sre sticking around and enjoying this place. Would love to here some of your comments.
    Mac,
    I left the Jw's 8 years ago, but still have family that remains. I feel that the love they speak of is not manifested. How long did you study? I agree with you, that only God can judge. I also feel that we really can't blame the Jw people for their attitude. They are spoon fed from the higher ups. There are many good hearted people in the jw religion, they are just misguided. I look forward to your future post
    wendy

• mmetz
    mmetz

Hi Tanya

My name is Merrill. I am a newbie here in a fashion. I have been reading these forums for about 2 or 3 years but for the first time made my place here. To be perfectly honest I have enjoyed every single comment made here either it good,bad,ugly,disapointed or whatever because I do believe in the right to choose and the right to an oppinion. The most important and first thing I could suggest to you is to first get a different bible than the one they gave you because then you can and will get a perfect understanding of Gods word as it is true and I have spent many hours investigating there bible and have found it to be mis construed. Alot of the topics here discussed can be found in the bible and you should use your scriptures to make sure of all things and that they are correct and true before you put faith into anything. You and I are considered newbies but really all those here are my friends and I believe we are all moved with the spirit to be here. So you and I can be friends and you can freely talk to me about anything at anytime. Gods spirit be with you always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit