3 minutes and it was over....

by LyinEyes 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yup! Yup! Been there, done that! Although me thinks the cong was happy to see my sorry little arse go out the door for the last time. Too many interruptions in those serious meetings with questions that weren't at the bottom of the paragraph..

No wonder they didn't try to get me back. Who wants to land a bullhead when there are better fish to catch?

carmel

• JeffT
    JeffT

When we stopped going to meetings a couple of women went by the house to tell my wife they would study with her to keep her "spritiually strong" or some such nonsense. She told them to get lost. When we mailed the letter we never heard one word from any of them.

I think that getting rid of trouble makers fast is their priority. If the "apostate" thinking gets loose in the congregation they have a huge problem to deal with.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

When I wrote my DA letter, they simply accepted it and announced it immediately. I wrote it in such a manner to allow them room to come and talk to me, but that didn't happen, other than to show up a couple weeks later requesting that sign the letter, since I forgot to. It was the cold hearted, "well, good riddance with him."

Fortunately, I wasn't in as long as the rest of you, but it still came across very cold, especially who they sent to request my signature. The elder that I studied with who avoided me completely for the five years I was inactive prior to DAing.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• wasasister
    wasasister

Ooops, sorry, wrong thread. I assumed this was the account of a JW wedding night.

As you were,

wasa

• waiting
    waiting

ok, ok. I admit it.....I've a one glass of wine too many

Although me thinks the cong was happy to see my sorry little arse go out the door for the last time. - Carmel

Ha! Like that was the first/last time! Good to see ya here, sweetpea!

Ooops, sorry, wrong thread. I assumed this was the account of a JW wedding night. - wasasister.

ohhhhhhhhhhh, that was soooooooooo good. Cruel, but good.

I'll repent tomorrow, btw.

waiting

ps: Lyin.........good to hear you're Free! Are you over 21? Enjoy wine with me!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Your post brought back some memories. But now you can get on with your life and put it behind you.

The elders did not care one bit WHY I was DA'ing. When I started to explain, they cut me off. They must train them to do that. So I handed them my short handwritten note, and that was that. 35 years of being a JW came to an end.

Years passed, but they finally came to visit me to invite me back to paradump that is Jehovah's borganization. They offered to put me on the "express plan." Yeah, three weeks, and you can be reinstated! Oh, boy! They got excited telling me about it. I told them it was hard to get excited or motivated to come back when they had treated me so shabby, that it had cost me a happy marriage, and two family members. I wish I had left when I was a teenager like some have, but frankly there's no time like the present to un-Dub yourself. I know it's unpleasant in some respects, but in the future you'll be glad you did and wished you had only left sooner.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

When I was DF'd, they came to see me to formalise it...in other words, get my confession since they only had my ex-husbands suspicions to go on. (He was stalking me.)

Their meeting with me took less than 5 minutes. I rushed them along coz my lover (now husband) was upstairs waiting for me!

But I was still unsure about the beliefs and stuff...I wanted to be with my man, so I didn't care that I was DF'd. But I thought I might go back once we were married. So I wrote a letter to the elders, expressing my doubts about several things, and asking for their help to explain them to me so that I could possibly come back. I said I knew I was in the wrong about living with my lover, and that I wasn't trying to make excuses for it. I was very angry about my father...his elders told him he could remain an elder even though he sexually abused me. I told them that the protection of him was no different than what the Catholics did. I asked for them to reply.

I had to chase them up after months...I got my sister (still a devout JW) to ring them up and find out why they hadn't replied to my letter. They said it was because my letter sounded like I just wanted to pick a fight, so they didn't bother to reply. I told her to tell them that of course I was angry about my dad, but that I genuinely wanted answers to my questions. Almost 1 year later....no reply.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

3 minutes and it was over!! Hardly seems worth it, eh?

Well, our experience has been a bit different (check some threads of a few months ago) but although we'd been "ignored" to some extent, at the end, we couldn't get rid of them!!

It seemed strange, almost surreal to Mrs Ozzie and I, that the E's had the attitude that they were the overlords, as if we should ask permission to do anything, even though we'd had NOTHINMG to do with them for the past few years. The individual elder seems to operate in a belief that he has all the power, and routinely goes back to meet the other elders for a "re-charge" of this (to him) re-assuring power.

I must say I've not yet found anything like it amongst ministers of various faiths here in Oz. Quite unique to the dubs.

So, dear friends on board, enjoy Freedom's ride! How sweet it is!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit