personal boundaries

by garybuss 22 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay
    The Watch Tower Publishing Corporate Conglomerate has honed and perfected a system designed to train them to accept all kinds of behaviors that these members would never accept in a healthy environment.

They are taught that healthy human reactions to outrageous or offensive behaviors are a sign of spiritual illness or immaturity.

Gary,

I had a hard time following some of your thoughts, but the above quote I completely understand.

A couple weekends ago, at his request, I had a quiet meeting with the single JW man that I trusted the most. In the course of our heart-to-heart, the subject of pedophilia came up (by me). I asked him if he'd tell me of a pedo that he knew of if the three of us were in the same congo.

Without hesitation, my elder friend, the man that married me and my wife, said, "no." Having a three year old daughter, a little one Joe had earlier said loved him, I cringed. I told him basically what you said above. That if it were not for the edicts of the WTS, he would never hold the position that he holds now... the policy of "don't tell."

Right then, he told me that I might be right. Part of me felt sorry for him.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi COMF, Hope you are doing good.

teejay you wrote:

I had a hard time following some of your thoughts

You have lots of good company:-) Thanks for posting to the thread. My abstract thought was that as a JW I was trained to breach good manners and common sense with impunity.

All my conflicts with JW's have had to do with my establishing healthy personal boundaries and them breaching those.

Best wises always,

gb

• Prisca
    Prisca

Gary,

I'm just echoing the others - it was an excellent post, food for thought.

I really do think that the promotion of overstepping boundaries by the WTS produces unhealthy relationships, because we haven't been taught where these boundaries should be. Instead, we allow others to step into our personal boundaries, and we into theirs, and problems result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit