My Way of Interpreting the Bible is the ONLY Right Way!

by FusionTheism 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Point taken outlaw. No pun intended

And FT you were right all along! I now believe the earth is flat. Because it's my freedom of interpretation. And witches should be drowned. Oh what an age of enlightenment you have given us. My mind is open to believe anything. Even if money hungry religious people are pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining. Who am I to say it's not after all right Mr Theism??

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi Fusion, there is nothing wrong with healthy debate.

On this forum I see people passionate about what they believe, and I think that is good. Because if you don't believe in anything, then what is the point.

I think where us as ex-jw's find it hard, is we are used to winning "battles" in the ministry. Even if we were proven wrong, we would find a way to say that we were right. I am trying to curb that habit and be a little more open.

Even if we don't agree with an ideology, I think it is important we can voice it in healthy strong debate without getting personal or taking it personally - but it is also important that even if we don't agree we try to see it from the other persons standpoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit